Sneakers for boat decks

Rate this topic

Looking for some recommendations on sneakers to wear while fishing.  Have a bad case of Achilles tendonitis that has only been alleviated by wearing sneakers with a decent lift in the heel.  Boat shoes, boots, and sandals are out the window for now.  Obviously would need a non marking sole.  Anyone have any that are breathable that they like?

Look up fishing shoes on BPS………there are a ton. Some are draining meant to be worn without socks…..some are with socks…….

I wear Huk in the warmer months……..they drain…..no socks.

Look like sneakers.

In the colder months it’s rubber cammo boots……

IMG_4925.jpeg.262e5b67a0baebffda534becc76a4f35.jpeg

IMG_4924.jpeg.f0ae4cfb6e707bd009f00b8d88b9dce3.jpeg

IMG_4923.jpeg.2f008cf9a6b30d7d490ec5d3cc7ef7bc.jpeg

Edited by aae0130

“Shall not be infringed” was the “talk to the hand” of that period. (Me 2022)

3 hours ago, bbfish said:

Looking for some recommendations on sneakers to wear while fishing.  Have a bad case of Achilles tendonitis that has only been alleviated by wearing sneakers with a decent lift in the heel.  Boat shoes, boots, and sandals are out the window for now.  Obviously would need a non marking sole.  Anyone have any that are breathable that they like?

as far as cushion goes get yourself a pair of hoka bondis or clifton(I like bondi) get the white soles-boat friendly-just be careful when deck is wet...

36 mins ago, Kml said:

I use ankle high deck boots with gel inserts but I have been looking at the Grundens SeaKnit boat shoes. 

I just ordered some inserts for my ankle boots, still looking for a good sneaker that has a heel to toe rise for my Achilles. Most of the sneakers that I’ve been looking at either have a non marking sole but no heel rise, or a marking sole with a heel rise.  I think inserts might just be the answer for me.

I got these recently haven’t worn them other than to try on. Very very comfortable seeming though, like an adidas Yeezy or boost, you feel like your walking on cushion foam. They’re from a brand called Hey Dude, and they were like $40 on sale on Amazon. Whether they’d help with your feet problems I don’t know, just saying these seem very comfortable and quick drying. 

497515_001_ss_010?impolicy=qlt-medium-hi

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

I have 4 fairs or  Grunden  SeaKnits and i thought i really liked them ….. i dont they are great casual shoes but the webbing for me does not offer enough support and I can blow out of them by rolling and i had a pair on when i tore all my ligaments while fishing in the Bahamas 

the new sperry Water Strider is awesome and my new choice 

the soles are excellent and they are  very stable you wont roll out of them 

IMG_4819.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit IMG_4985.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit IMG_4986.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Edited by JParanee

48 mins ago, nightfighter said:

I saw Skechers that had a selection with different heel lifts. Which sounds like it should be prioritized over the sole.

If it was my boat I honestly wouldn't care. I sold my boat when I had my second kid so these will be used on other peoples boats, so cant be marking em up. 

I appreciate all the responses so far fellas.

I have couple of issues that drive sneaker choice  -

* Achilles bone spur that protrudes aft, for my feet the asics nimbus line has held up comfortably including my lazy slide on/off usage

* bad back that benefits from the well cushioned impact absorbing sole, especially the heal landing

no issues with marking the deck for the asic colors i use

was using the nimbus 24 the last couple of years,, currently using new nimbus 25

24 vs 25 main differences I've noticed

24 -

* very good - excellent sole cushioning 

* tops are super light weight more open weave, breathable and very cool, but if used for low work on knees and drag them will result in toe wear through hole on the top

25 -

* excellent sole cushioning

* tops are light weight with less open weave, a bit warmer but not an issue, tbd if the tops wear better

4 mins ago, 757saltwater said:

Check out Sperry sailboat  seri3s shoes .  Never tried them but I also have feet issues.  

I use asic .they don't leave tracks . I work on boats daily . Great on wet surfaces.  

Asics look good man, lots of options of light colored soles.  Thanks for the heads up!