Decorative lure storage

Rate this topic

I had a lighted nook about 2'X3' and 18" deep near my front door. I found a piece of drift wood that fit just right into the void. I used to hang plugs on it if they caught a fish 40#s+. It became too crowded, wifey found a bronze sculpture to replace it.

On 4/3/2024 at 11:59 PM, Cascade said:

I had a lighted nook about 2'X3' and 18" deep near my front door. I found a piece of drift wood that fit just right into the void. I used to hang plugs on it if they caught a fish 40#s+. It became too crowded, wifey found a bronze sculpture to replace it.

Ha! Same thing here. My wife says “ this ain’t fu#$@&g Bass Pro Shop”. Everything eventually makes it down to the basement.

15 hours ago, Thirteen said:

Ha! Same thing here. My wife says “ this ain’t fu#$@&g Bass Pro Shop”. Everything eventually makes it down to the basement.

Ive found a way around this. Gf moved into my apartment where the entire living room is just a fishing room / home theater / man cave. She's used to my junk being everywhere! 

8 hours ago, Jefffahfffah said:

Ive found a way around this. Gf moved into my apartment where the entire living room is just a fishing room / home theater / man cave. She's used to my junk being everywhere! 

Nice! What kind of woman doesn’t appreciate a straightened hook collection?

Nice collection Gray but for me fishing gear does not belong in a curio style cabinet, they are meant for hummel's, crystal and china, women's collectibles.

Wall shadow box style units would work best for my taste or a nautical style table with a glass top, however your collection is probably too large to display for most units. 

Maybe a huge aquarium and hang them at different heights and angles to give an appearance that they are swimming. 

This kind of stuff can go too far, its called being obsessed. I think you went past the finish line by quite a distance. Congrats, its a great collection.

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM