Flex Seal on Waders

Rate this topic

irishexit

8 hours ago, 27conch said:

Flex seal is not a good product IMHO.  Would never purchase again.

Agree, I kinda always thought it was BS...but I thought....F' it, let me try it.  That can will now sit it my garage til it rusts through.

8 hours ago, redlite said:

Any thing flex seal in my opinion does not come as advertised. 
go to homies and keep a $30 roll of Zip tape in your vechile.  Will fix anything and sticks to everything. Have been fixing work pants for years with it and doesn't even come off in washer/ dryer 
 Modern day duct tape. McGyver would have been jeolous. He could have built the space shuttle with it.

This ?

img-ft-hero-main-4.jpg

Yes.  It fixes everything.  It sticks to anything.  I have fixed clothes, rust holes on vehicles. The adhesive does not break down in the washer, dryer, or saltwater 
you just have to deal with the words on it, esp on waders but it works better than any patch they come with that I have ever tried
keep a roll in all our cars

Edited by redlite

Flex seal worked for me but it made my waders so stiff and uncomfortable to wear, I can’t use them .  This year I Aleene’s fabric fusion as other members suggested and so far so good . I like that you can thin out with water and reuse remaining bottle in future unlike aqua seal 

I have a pair of Beans breathable that became porous in the crotch. I did the Flex Seal inside and out side. They work fine in the surf getting splashed and dunked. Not good for deep water wading.

11 hours ago, Cascade said:

I have a pair of Beans breathable that became porous in the crotch. I did the Flex Seal inside and out side. They work fine in the surf getting splashed and dunked. Not good for deep water wading.

What is it about going into deeper water? Does it put more pressure on the seams?