Lund SSV 16 Build

Rate this topic

A dealer knocked a 1000 bucks off a 23 Lund SSV 16. I looked everywhere for a 24 Red One and its sold out. Closest was up in Buffalo. Way too far for me. So I settled on a blue one and saved a couple of bucks. I went with a lund because these things sell like hot cakes and wanted to get some time in one. My friend Dave Bite Me has been through 4 of these over 30 years and now he is up to the 18' model. This is a deep vee model and lund does go all the way to the stern with a slight vee. That should help in following seas and anybody who fishes buzzards bay coming in on the West Wind with tide or Narragansett  knows very well what it is like to have a boat struggle in these conditions. 

In the beginning stages just swapping the motor off the Mirrocraft 16 for today and putting it on the SSV. 

IMG_2646.jpeg

IMG_2647.jpeg

IMG_2648.jpeg

Nice boat! Will serve you well I'm sure.

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

nice boat but i would go with 18' ,more room no extra weight.

sheetmetal boats like this 10 years back were 3 K,now  everything is same and price is $10 K.

for the price i would keep that Mirorcraft and redo to new,would be the same but much less money.

just my opinion.thinking aloud.

Youve got that engine mounted wayy too low. Your gonna loose a lot of performance. See if you can at least get the cavitation plate even with the bottom of the boat.

the human race has proved darwins theory of evolution wrong. we let the dumb survive. 

3 hours ago, Bergallmaster said:

Youve got that engine mounted wayy too low. Your gonna loose a lot of performance. See if you can at least get the cavitation plate even with the bottom of the boat.

Its an illusion. 

IMG_2674.jpeg

Shame on Lund. The transducer conduit is nice but hey man! Leave a knock out! I want a clean look seeing no wires when I am done. The removable floor boards are of poor sub par construction but the concept of this is absolutely fantastic to rig and get at everything if you need too. Blue truck showed up with my blue sea switching and circuit board. Making it easy to pass wires. 

If you remove flotation? You better put it back in. 

IMG_2670.jpeg

IMG_2669.jpeg

IMG_2671.jpeg

IMG_2673.jpeg

IMG_2672.jpeg

Damnit Rid…….you are gonna cost me money. I have been surfing the Lund site……….They have some nice boats. 

Edited by aae0130

“Shall not be infringed” was the “talk to the hand” of that period. (Me 2022)

Posted (edited)
59 mins ago, aae0130 said:

Damnit Rid…….you are gonna cost me money. I have been surfing the Lund site……….They have some nice boats. 

Its nice when its new. I shopped around.

I know there are people in this thread who said what they would or I should do. I had a brand new 23 Tohatsu 30 motor bough last year.  I got a great deal on that. Then I bought a 23 leftover Lund and I got a good deal on that. It was a no brainer. Total package I am 7800 for the boat and 4900  for the motor with electric start and trim with the power arm. Everything new and in warranty. 

I liked the Fury better but I couldn't find one without the motor at the right price. There were no deals. In my opinion that lund brand trailer looked crappy. 

Look at these prices. Outrageous. I would rather stay under 15k and pounce on deals when I see it. I did not want to foot cake for crappy rigging and subpar electric switches. Not on this build. 

IMG_2696.png

IMG_2695.png

IMG_2694.png

Edited by The Riddler