New Rover by Kastking,,,,,,

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Mr.Belmar said:

as far as the tension knobs @slicedcornbread   This is just my thoughts -  I actually prefer a style reel with 2 tension knobs. A lot of the newer reels have just 1, like the newer Garcia 6k reels- and you would adjust the spool tension with the one under the star drag… please pardon me if you already know this-  but with this style, it’s kinda a older style, you basically use the knob by the handle and star drag to center the spool (left to right) - and then don’t really touch it again- and do all your tension adjustments on the other knob on the open side of the reel. I also find it hard to adjust the inside knob so that’s why I like it too. 

as far as strength, drag and reeling in bigger fish- these reels hardly even hesitated with bigger stripers, I think you will really like it! 

I agree with you on the two spool tension knobs. I also prefer them with the two for the reasons you gave there. All my other round baitcasters I own, with the exception of Saltiga's have the two tension knobs. Even low profile baitcasters while not exactly the same, use the same principles for setting tension. 

3 hours ago, slicedcornbread said:

I noticed that the 70 has the thumb push button just like the 7000 series ABU's have on the side plate.

Ditto on the Boy Scout and throw in retired military vet. I trust I'll adapt and over come as well. :laugh: :wave:

Well now, I didn't see that the 70 had the button.

I guess I'll have one for the fall run!.

This makes me positive 100% that rovers, kastking's are made by ming yang, a small company owned and run by the family.

Rocktober,, I'll get mine by that time!

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

15 hours ago, Mr.Belmar said:

as far as the tension knobs @slicedcornbread   This is just my thoughts -  I actually prefer a style reel with 2 tension knobs. A lot of the newer reels have just 1, like the newer Garcia 6k reels- and you would adjust the spool tension with the one under the star drag… please pardon me if you already know this-  but with this style, it’s kinda a older style, you basically use the knob by the handle and star drag to center the spool (left to right) - and then don’t really touch it again- and do all your tension adjustments on the other knob on the open side of the reel. I also find it hard to adjust the inside knob so that’s why I like it too. 

That's a plus that you can center the spool very easy, like the old ABUs with twin knobs. :th: lf l didn't have so many ABUs l would order one, would be nice if they had 6'3 to one ratio.

Posted (edited)
56 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

I have to say that after spooling the reel and putting it on a rod, the odd shaped thumb bar feels more natural than it looks just out of the box.

20240402_112055.jpg

SCB, you're a troublemaker,,, now seeing how the thumbar does fit the spot where your thumb wants to naturally go it is not so bad.

The one I'm thinking of has the button on the side plate.

I may have mine sooner than I expected,, ,, ,,,,,, ya gotta admit, she is a beauty,!

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

57 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

I have to say that after spooling the reel and putting it on a rod, the odd shaped thumb bar feels more natural than it looks just out of the box.

20240402_112055.jpg

Don't forget your reel cover,,,,,

HH

59 mins ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

SCB, you're a troublemaker,,, now seeing how the thumbar does fit the spot where your thumb wants to naturally go it is not so bad.

The one I'm thinking of has the button on the side plate.

I may have mine sooner than I expected,, ,, ,,,,,, ya gotta admit, she is a beauty,!

HH

Troublemaker? :laugh: Who started this thread? :wave: :th:

58 mins ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

Don't forget your reel cover,,,,,

HH

Already on. :howdy:

8 hours ago, slicedcornbread said:

20240402_112055.jpg

ls that also the release bar for free spool?