Do you believe in ghost (or spirits)?

Rate this topic

I was testing out a headlamp to see if I could use it to hunt coyotes at a range at night in NE Nebraska a couple of weeks ago. I was after dark and I was alone. The headlamp failed the test and I could see that after a couple of shots. 

I gathered up some of my stuff and headed back to me car. I noticed the sound of someone walking in the dry grass next to the range. It hadn't rained in weeks and the thick grass was very dry. This grass is never mowed so it's pretty long. There was no moon at that time so it was pitch black except for my headlights.  

I wondered who would be walking around the range as I was shooting even though I'd only taken a couple of shots before I decided it was futile. There was noone there as I shown my 1,000 lumen flashlight where I was hearing the footsteps. I got the rest of my stuff and jumped in the car and took off. 

I'm not scared of the supernatural but I don't want to confront it without a witness. I'm gonna go there again with my nephew and see if the thing shows up again. 

There was an old man living nearby (this is in the sticks out in the woods) who had a bad reputation. I met him after he had just got out of prison and was 82 years old. A friend told me not to trust him. He died just last year. I met a young girl near the range who asked to to take her to town to get away from him a few years ago. She had black marks under her eyes almost like a baseball player. I didn't know if they were bruises or what.  She said he was crazy and had firearms. I took her to town and dropped her off. 

Edited by biggstriper

The Bucks stop here...

Wife and I were just married and renting the upstairs of an old farmhouse. I did a side job one sat. and came home to find my wife in bed sick with the flu, I took the $100 bill out of my pocket along with my loose fitting wedding band and put them on the mantle which was 6' from my sleeping wife. I took a shower and came out to find the ring and 100 gone. We looked all over but couldnt find the items. A week later my wife was vacuuming and found the ring balanced on edge, on the top of the baseboard molding just visible behind the steam radiator, the money was never found, by us anyway.  The day we moved in my SIL was walking up the stairs, she shivered noticeably, looked right at me and said you have ghosts in the place.  I blew it off then but I believe now and I like to think somebody found that $100 and had a dinner on us. 

2 hours ago, jimmy1956 said:

Nope.

Atheist?

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

My childhood friend lived in his grandparents old farm house. We were probably 5 or 6 years old. Playing downstairs we saw a form almost a hazy mist go from one room up the stairs into a bedroom. We went and looked and it was gone.

Yup.  Ive had three inexplicable encounters that completely creeped me out.  On two of those occasions my wife was with me, in our home.  To this day she avoids the subject.  So it's not just me having the crazies again.

The Sultan of Sluggo

Yup. I’ve had encounters both fishing and in other situations. There’s even some threads in the Tavern where one of the members was living in a haunted house and updated every time something would happen.

If you can dream it, I can meme it.