'24 Chu thread

Rate this topic

Hoping for snotty weather on opening weekend to keep the fair feather crowds aways. I'll be in South Korea and Singapore for 11 days in mid April. I'm looking forward to the trip but I'll be missing some of the best fishing of the year up there.

13 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I'm curious about water levels and access around the Res. 

The water must be insanely high. I drive by Bolton Flats yesterday and water is covering most of the corn fields and farm. 

I was at scar hill a cpl of days ago to scout the situation. I would call the water level "Higher than normal" but not outrageous. You can expect some shore areas that are close to the water line under normal conditions to be underwater now. You will be blocked by flooded brush in certain places and have to bushwhack slightly to get around it and stay out of the water.

I'd say 80 percent of the areas I fish in the rez are still easy to access and fish. The other 20% may take a little more creativity but aren't impossible. I've seen worse.

What I don't know is what this noreaster allegedly happening next Wed is gonna do. :beatin:

Pfantum Pfishah

20 mins ago, z-man said:

The water must be insanely high. I drive by Bolton Flats yesterday and water is covering most of the corn fields and farm. 

I saw that as well. The "Flats" are mostly an extension of the river at the moment. :shock:

Pfantum Pfishah

34 mins ago, bdowning said:

I was at scar hill a cpl of days ago to scout the situation. I would call the water level "Higher than normal" but not outrageous. You can expect some shore areas that are close to the water line under normal conditions to be underwater now. You will be blocked by flooded brush in certain places and have to bushwhack slightly to get around it and stay out of the water.

I'd say 80 percent of the areas I fish in the rez are still easy to access and fish. The other 20% may take a little more creativity but aren't impossible. I've seen worse.

What I don't know is what this noreaster allegedly happening next Wed is gonna do. :beatin:

I hope we don’t get a lot of rain from this storm. My basement is already flooded. All of these heavy rain storms are getting ridiculous. I’ve never seen it this wet in March.