Tree anchors

Rate this topic

1 min ago, 2GT said:

Na, I’m concerned the young man is setting himself up for a world of hurt.

You misunderstand. We have a member named Niffty. I was asking him if he gets royalties for the use of his name. 

Your concern is valid, however. 

Edited by MikeMc
Didn't like that first word

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

11 mins ago, Patrick9915 said:

Also, not planning to fall but planning to fall. If that makes sense. 

Listen. 

Rope is thrown up and over a strong crotch of lead. Never a branch. EVER. 

Spike up, slide your knot as you go, so you can't fall. You know the correct knot right? 

Come to 1st branch, butt strap goes around the tree. This is how you stay put. 

Tell me the knot you use once you pass the line through the D Rings. 

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

27 mins ago, Patrick9915 said:

So y'all were of no help. I guess I'll just shoot lags into the tree and find a way to tie off to them. 

You need to research the appropriate anchors. The force of a falling adult will rip the anchors right out of a soft base such as a tree. For additional safety, you might want to sew up a parachute. Or at least bring an umbrella with you.

Please do not do this Pat.

Or, if you do, PM KoQ for insurance advice, property, life, casualty, etc.

By the time you acquire the proper equipment, you will be in over 3k, easy. Chainsaw is 400, chaps another 100, let the pros handle getting it on the ground, and you can cut it up on the ground if you want to play with a saw.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

11 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Agree 3k for one tree is crazy talk your getting taken .. I’d go find another guy and see what he charges .. 

ps .. youre an idiot 

It was either 3k or the other people said it was too small. So here we are! Chop chop! 

1 min ago, Patrick9915 said:

It was either 3k or the other people said it was too small. So here we are! Chop chop! 

Dude, I priced trees for a decade. Unless they are craning the tree out, it's not 3k. Be honest. 

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

1 hour ago, Patrick9915 said:

I have a full OSHA approved fall harness that I borrowed from work. It has the safety break with two tie offs so you can alternate tie offs.  I got my little chainsaw. I know knots from my scouting days. Spikes are coming with the belt. Really, all good. Just need to anchor off somewhere.

A fall harness and a climbing belt are two completely different things. Does yours have a mid back point of attachment? Not the right one for the job. 

BLM - Bass Lives Matter 

Race - human like everyone else