Tree anchors

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, redfishkiller said:

Don't Use the spikes and a belt, like a man

FIFY

Real man do not use belt and spikes.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

Pro crew removed a box elder that was about 15 feet from my house using the zip line technique. He was cutting from a bucket though. You need a lot of rigging equipment, saws, and an educated ground crew. If this is not your everyday job, I think you are crazy... Watch this video. They are pros. Gets fun around 2:20 when they are cutting around eye level....  Personally, I think you are insane to think this is a DIY..... If you do attempt this, please video it and I would like to have the marketing rights because I will be able to make a few bucks off it.

I have a full OSHA approved fall harness that I borrowed from work. It has the safety break with two tie offs so you can alternate tie offs.  I got my little chainsaw. I know knots from my scouting days. Spikes are coming with the belt. Really, all good. Just need to anchor off somewhere.

4 mins ago, Patrick9915 said:

I have a full OSHA approved fall harness that I borrowed from work. It has the safety break with two tie offs so you can alternate tie offs.  I got my little chainsaw. I know knots from my scouting days. Spikes are coming with the belt. Really, all good. Just need to anchor off somewhere.

You're not supposed to actually fall. YOU NEED TO TIE IN!

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

1 hour ago, Mokes said:

It's the dumbest thing I have ever read lol. 

You weren't here for the home made kayak/giant bluefin plans from way back when...but, yea, trying to top a tree that you are in is definitely way up there on the list :beers:

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

My BIL has machines called Nifty. The small trailerable model is very narrow and meant to fit in tight places. Try and find a rental place that has these. They are beautiful little lifts that are rated for 500 lbs. Whatever you do remember Safety First, tree work can go sideways fast.

7F79106E-C98E-4193-AF54-2ED638472313.webp