Tree anchors

Rate this topic

1 min ago, TimS said:

Make sure you have someone video this as it almost never goes as planned :read:

The only safe way to trim limbs is to be above them. What's your plan for taking off the top? Where you gonna be?

Above them.  My goal is to set a taught line going into the yard. Tie a line on the tree and then clip the other end to the taught line.  Cut the limb and let it slide down the line. Rinse and repeat. 

Pat, you have a good climbing line? Butt strap? Know your knots? There is no such thing as a tree anchor. The tree is your anchor point. Without a strap, you're gonna die. Don't know the knot to tie off with? Dead. 

Know how to run a saw in a tree? Understand kickbacks? Weights of wood? Grain structures of different woods? Know how to undercut properly? 

You can be pulled in half if you eff up. Or saw your arm off. Get pinned. Lots of amazing fun stuff.

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

6 mins ago, JimW said:

He’s removing it

Then he's dead.

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

3 mins ago, Patrick9915 said:

Above them.  My goal is to set a taught line going into the yard. Tie a line on the tree and then clip the other end to the taught line.  Cut the limb and let it slide down the line. Rinse and repeat. 

That won’t work. 

IN FAVOR OF COMMERCIAL FISHING AND SURFING THE NORTH SIDE

MAY THE RICH GET RICHER!!

FISH ARE FOOD!!

UA MAU KA EA O KA AINA IKA PONO O HAWAII

Just now, pakalolo said:

That won’t work. 

It's the dumbest thing I have ever read lol. 

-Numbnuts

Just now, Patrick9915 said:

Why not? 

You need to tie off the limbs and lower them down. You need 2 men. Use the tree to wrap the rope around for a brake. 

-Numbnuts

4 mins ago, Mokes said:

Then he's dead.

Not until he cuts that first limb and it swings in and hammers him

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

Our lead climber had a maple limb break weird and his saw slammed into his collarbone, dance ALL THE WAY across his chest, right under his neck and down his arm. Crew called me screaming. They raced him to the ER. He lived, but there was so much blood in the yard. 

-Numbnuts

Or the top throws him off after the limb drops

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

2 mins ago, Patrick9915 said:

Why not? 

No control whatsoever, gravity , no secure position to cut from , you’ll either die or feck someone or something up. Pay the 3K 

IN FAVOR OF COMMERCIAL FISHING AND SURFING THE NORTH SIDE

MAY THE RICH GET RICHER!!

FISH ARE FOOD!!

UA MAU KA EA O KA AINA IKA PONO O HAWAII

1 min ago, JimW said:

Not until he cuts that first limb and it swings in and hammers him

Right lol? How does he plan on getting the logs down lol? I'm positive Pat isn't butt hitching 8 footers. 

-Numbnuts