**ICAST 2024 rumor and discussion thread**

Rate this topic

TACKLE JUNKIE

It's never too early to start talking about ICAST considering manufacturers now seem to release new products before ICAST. 

What rumors are floating around or what known items do you think will be announced at ICAST?

Lets get the ball rolling with Daiwa's new Blackline Series of surf rods.

OVERVIEW
The Daiwa Blackline Surf Rods are the zenith of surf rod innovation, tailored for the avid surf caster seeking unmatched performance. These rods feature ALL SIC rings and FUJI K frames, designed to enhance line flow and reduce tangles, thus improving casting efficiency. The distinctive Daiwa Air Sensor reel seat is a marvel of design, cutting down on weight without compromising on the structural integrity, ensuring a rock-solid reel fit. A robust shrink rubber rear grip augments casting power, enabling anglers to cover impressive distances with ease.

Structurally, the Blackline Surf Rods are reinforced with Daiwa’s X45 bias carbon technology, which resists twisting and maintains rod integrity during high-stress situations. The rods are further enhanced with SVF nanoplus technology, utilizing nano particles within the carbon matrix to lighten and strengthen the blank. Select models, like the 902MXS, are fitted with the MEGATOP tip for superior bite sensitivity. Braiding X counters torsional stress during casts, and the V-JOINT technology facilitates a seamless bending curve for more precise casts. Adding to these high-end features is Daiwa's exclusive ergonomic reel seat, designed to meld comfort with functionality, providing a superior grip and an enhanced fishing experience. Each aspect of the Blackline Surf Rods is meticulously designed to advance your surf fishing to new heights.

image.png.568517f7f80d053d6b9c0fa602acd95c.png

image.png.c1a2e14e5f1b3f467a5cc435612b554f.png

Daiwa 2024 Steez SV reels for the fresh water guys.

OVERVIEW
Experience the Daiwa Steez SV, a revolution in baitcasting reels. Its new compact body design combines comfort and durability, ensuring that you can fish all day without fatigue. The HYPERDRIVE DESIGN maximizes power and efficiency, facilitating longer casts and smoother retrieves. Thanks to the A7075 SV BOOST Spool, you'll enjoy reduced spool inertia and enhanced casting accuracy, giving you the upper hand in fishing any conditions.  

The updated T-Wing System (TWS) minimizes line friction, preventing frustrating tangles during casting and retrieval. Crafted with a magnesium frame and sideplate, the Daiwa Steez SV strikes the perfect balance between strength and weight, making it capable of enduring challenging conditions while remaining impressively lightweight.

Take control of your fishing experience with the Ultimate Tournament Drag (UTD) system, delivering unmatched smoothness and consistent drag pressure. The 90mm swept handle ensures a secure grip and precise handling, making every moment on the water a pleasure. Whether you're a seasoned pro or a novice angler, the Daiwa Steez SV will elevate your fishing adventures to new heights. Make each cast count with this reel's advanced technology and unmatched performance. 

STEEZ Executive 5 Year Service / Warranty

Executive Steez 5 Year Service Warranty Against Manufacturing Defects
FREE 5 Year Clean and Service
1 Business Day clean and service upon arrival to our Daiwa Service Department
Expedited Service Pending Parts Availability
FREE Expedited Return Shipping (2nd Day Air or Priority Mail)

image.png.1166372a1b8274e4515081957bf8e810.png

Posted (edited)

Daiwa Lexa HD 500

OVERVIEW
Introducing the Daiwa Lexa HD 500, a reel that combines power, precision, and durability for the ultimate angling experience. Crafted with an aluminum frame and side cover, this reel is built to withstand the toughest conditions while remaining lightweight for comfortable handling. With a maximum drag of 30lbs, it's ready to tackle even the most formidable opponents.

The Magforce cast control system ensures smooth and precise casting, making it ideal for various fishing techniques. Its stainless drive gear guarantees long-lasting performance, even when battling hard-fighting fish. The Daiwa Lexa HD 500 is equipped with the Ultimate Tournament Drag (UTD) system, providing consistent and smooth drag pressure for maximum control.

With a 120mm swept handle, you'll have a secure grip and precise handling, allowing you to conquer the most challenging fishing scenarios. This reel can hold an impressive 250 yards of 65-pound braid, making it perfect for landing those trophy-sized fish. Whether you're targeting giants or enjoying a day on the water, the Daiwa Lexa HD 500 is your trusted partner in the pursuit of angling excellence. Elevate your fishing game with this reel that combines strength, control, versatility, and a capacity to handle the big ones.

image.png.d099950b7a07fc8cf25576c757cefefb.png

image.png.cef13c6d2981040a3f4b5e91446b5074.png

Edited by TACKLE JUNKIE

1. The Steez has a magnesium frame? Very iffy around salt water, it's corrosion prone.

2. Lexa 500? Someone here remarked that a gain of 150 yards of line capacity isn't a good reason for $100 -  $150 more.

Tell me that the 500 has a much bigger gear train and I'm interested (mildly). But if all it offers is a wider frame to accommodate a wider spool, then Nope. Much as I like my Lexa 400, if I want more line capacity, I want bigger gears, etc., to back it up.  

17 hours ago, TACKLE JUNKIE said:

It's never too early to start talking about ICAST considering manufacturers now seem to release new products before ICAST. 

What rumors are floating around or what known items do you think will be announced at ICAST?

Lets get the ball rolling with Daiwa's new Blackline Series of surf rods.

OVERVIEW
The Daiwa Blackline Surf Rods are the zenith of surf rod innovation, tailored for the avid surf caster seeking unmatched performance. These rods feature ALL SIC rings and FUJI K frames, designed to enhance line flow and reduce tangles, thus improving casting efficiency. The distinctive Daiwa Air Sensor reel seat is a marvel of design, cutting down on weight without compromising on the structural integrity, ensuring a rock-solid reel fit. A robust shrink rubber rear grip augments casting power, enabling anglers to cover impressive distances with ease.

Structurally, the Blackline Surf Rods are reinforced with Daiwa’s X45 bias carbon technology, which resists twisting and maintains rod integrity during high-stress situations. The rods are further enhanced with SVF nanoplus technology, utilizing nano particles within the carbon matrix to lighten and strengthen the blank. Select models, like the 902MXS, are fitted with the MEGATOP tip for superior bite sensitivity. Braiding X counters torsional stress during casts, and the V-JOINT technology facilitates a seamless bending curve for more precise casts. Adding to these high-end features is Daiwa's exclusive ergonomic reel seat, designed to meld comfort with functionality, providing a superior grip and an enhanced fishing experience. Each aspect of the Blackline Surf Rods is meticulously designed to advance your surf fishing to new heights.

image.png.568517f7f80d053d6b9c0fa602acd95c.png

image.png.c1a2e14e5f1b3f467a5cc435612b554f.png

They had these rods at the Edison show.

I like Daiwa surf rods and have for 25 years......These are light and powerful, with some very nice actions.

But just like the tiralejo rods....daiwa rods aren't good sellers despite their performance being some of the best in category.

I liked the grips and guide layout, but the cosmetics on the Blackline rods lost me.

I like how they have multiple rod powers in the 9'-10' range .

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

16 hours ago, TACKLE JUNKIE said:

Daiwa 2024 Steez SV reels for the fresh water guys.

OVERVIEW
Experience the Daiwa Steez SV, a revolution in baitcasting reels. Its new compact body design combines comfort and durability, ensuring that you can fish all day without fatigue. The HYPERDRIVE DESIGN maximizes power and efficiency, facilitating longer casts and smoother retrieves. Thanks to the A7075 SV BOOST Spool, you'll enjoy reduced spool inertia and enhanced casting accuracy, giving you the upper hand in fishing any conditions.  

The updated T-Wing System (TWS) minimizes line friction, preventing frustrating tangles during casting and retrieval. Crafted with a magnesium frame and sideplate, the Daiwa Steez SV strikes the perfect balance between strength and weight, making it capable of enduring challenging conditions while remaining impressively lightweight.

Take control of your fishing experience with the Ultimate Tournament Drag (UTD) system, delivering unmatched smoothness and consistent drag pressure. The 90mm swept handle ensures a secure grip and precise handling, making every moment on the water a pleasure. Whether you're a seasoned pro or a novice angler, the Daiwa Steez SV will elevate your fishing adventures to new heights. Make each cast count with this reel's advanced technology and unmatched performance. 

STEEZ Executive 5 Year Service / Warranty

Executive Steez 5 Year Service Warranty Against Manufacturing Defects
FREE 5 Year Clean and Service
1 Business Day clean and service upon arrival to our Daiwa Service Department
Expedited Service Pending Parts Availability
FREE Expedited Return Shipping (2nd Day Air or Priority Mail)

image.png.1166372a1b8274e4515081957bf8e810.png

When daiwa corporate emailed me the new Steez publications....I replied with screen shots showing where all the japananese sites have been retailing them below my wholesale cost since january.   They'll sell 10's of these reels at the 700$ price point.

Tims

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I like Daiwa surf rods and have for 25 years......These are light and powerful, with some very nice actions.

But just like the tiralejo rods....daiwa rods aren't good sellers despite their performance being some of the best in category.

I liked the grips and guide layout, but the cosmetics on the Blackline rods lost me.

Honestly a lot of JDM rods are annoyingly nondescript.

Super fancy paintjobs aren't necessary - but a lil color would be nice imo.

Especially on expensive rods

31 mins ago, Saltfruit said:

Honestly a lot of JDM rods are annoyingly nondescript.

Super fancy paintjobs aren't necessary - but a lil color would be nice imo.

Especially on expensive rods

I get what your saying.....I have a bunch of fancy japanese rods...some pop, some are understated...The daiwa blackline is not that...but I don't think it looks high end.

Daiwa often struggles there...Perfect example is their steez logo (600$ rod)...It's a clear rectagular decal with chrome letters.....you can see the edge of the clear decal under the epoxy.....Looks like garbage.....die cut the sumbitch...lol

Tims

8 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I agree with everything said here. I never fished a Daiwa rod that I didn’t like. They are excellent performers!  Same goes for the Tiralejos. They are hands down some of my favorite rods.  Since last fall I have added a Daiwa TD 9 ft. surf rod to my arsenal. I’m not super thrilled with the gray color scheme, and maybe $179.00 is considered to low to spend for a high end rod, but I have to say, the rod is unbelievable for the price.  It has crisp med fast action, it’s very powerful handling big fish, and the freakin rod is one of the lightest I ever fished. It has all the nano hvf techno BS that the more expensive rods have.  I have many Century rods including the 1145 model which is comparable to the Daiwa. I’m almost preferring the Daiwa over the Century.

I have a feeling though that the Blackline rods will be successful. I hope i’m right. I just don’t get it why Shimano and Daiwa rods were never great sellers

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I get what your saying.....I have a bunch of fancy japanese rods...some pop, some are understated...The daiwa blackline is not that...but I don't think it looks high end.

Daiwa often struggles there...Perfect example is their steez logo (600$ rod)...It's a clear rectagular decal with chrome letters.....you can see the edge of the clear decal under the epoxy.....Looks like garbage.....die cut the sumbitch...lol

Seriously. I get not wanting rods to be too flashy? But give some premium details that show the build quality.

I bet you could find 100 low profile, almost all black daiwa rods for seabass....

On 3/18/2024 at 6:23 PM, TACKLE JUNKIE said:

Daiwa Lexa HD 500

OVERVIEW
Introducing the Daiwa Lexa HD 500, a reel that combines power, precision, and durability for the ultimate angling experience. Crafted with an aluminum frame and side cover, this reel is built to withstand the toughest conditions while remaining lightweight for comfortable handling. With a maximum drag of 30lbs, it's ready to tackle even the most formidable opponents.

The Magforce cast control system ensures smooth and precise casting, making it ideal for various fishing techniques. Its stainless drive gear guarantees long-lasting performance, even when battling hard-fighting fish. The Daiwa Lexa HD 500 is equipped with the Ultimate Tournament Drag (UTD) system, providing consistent and smooth drag pressure for maximum control.

With a 120mm swept handle, you'll have a secure grip and precise handling, allowing you to conquer the most challenging fishing scenarios. This reel can hold an impressive 250 yards of 65-pound braid, making it perfect for landing those trophy-sized fish. Whether you're targeting giants or enjoying a day on the water, the Daiwa Lexa HD 500 is your trusted partner in the pursuit of angling excellence. Elevate your fishing game with this reel that combines strength, control, versatility, and a capacity to handle the big ones.

image.png.d099950b7a07fc8cf25576c757cefefb.png

image.png.cef13c6d2981040a3f4b5e91446b5074.png

What type of fishing is the Lexa 500 for? It looks ridiculous. That does not look enjoyable to cast or fish with. 

On 3/20/2024 at 10:27 AM, z-man said:

What type of fishing is the Lexa 500 for? It looks ridiculous. That does not look enjoyable to cast or fish with. 

West coast tuna/yellowtail guys. More competition for the tranx 500 and largest Komodo