Jump to content

The 2024 "new" NY Jets

Rate this topic


iphish

Recommended Posts

Still no takers on Zac Wilson?  It must be his salary owed.

 

They signed Tyrod Taylor who we can now call a journey man. but will be a very serviceable back up. 

 

 and a couple of DTs. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Jets want to trade quarterback Zach Wilson. If they truly want to, they would.

 

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Jets have gotten trade offers for Wilson. But they don’t like the offers they’ve gotten. So they’re waiting for something better.

 

The terms of the offers and the teams that made them aren’t known, for now. It’s believed by some that owner Woody Johnson is the person keeping it from happening.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, iphish said:

The Jets want to trade quarterback Zach Wilson. If they truly want to, they would.

 

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Jets have gotten trade offers for Wilson. But they don’t like the offers they’ve gotten. So they’re waiting for something better.

 

The terms of the offers and the teams that made them aren’t known, for now. It’s believed by some that owner Woody Johnson is the person keeping it from happening.

It's possible they may get a better offer after the first round of the draft, when the QB's are off the board, with a potential team that was unable to trade up into the QB lottery. Honestly would not expect more than a current single 5th round pick, or possible 2025 4th round pick.

- Life is a waiting room, I hope they don't call me soon...... 

- Thomas Jefferson - "The course of history shows that as government grows, liberty decreases"

Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind that moves it. It flies with the breath of every fallen solider who protected it.

                                   

                                    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Then they move down 1 spot, chose an OT (thankfully), also gaining 2 picks above the 203rd, from the Wilson trade. Kudos to Joe Douglas. Too add, I'm sure Zach Wilson LOVED the fact that Denver drafted a QB, Bo Nix, right after they traded for him, lol. 

Edited by Fishtale7

- Life is a waiting room, I hope they don't call me soon...... 

- Thomas Jefferson - "The course of history shows that as government grows, liberty decreases"

Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind that moves it. It flies with the breath of every fallen solider who protected it.

                                   

                                    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Fishtale7 said:

Then they move down 1 spot, chose an OT (thankfully), also gaining 2 picks above the 203rd, from the Wilson trade. Kudos to Joe Douglas. Too add, I'm sure Zach Wilson LOVED the fact that Denver drafted a QB, Bo Nix, right after they traded for him, lol. 

Zack Wilson has slowly become a little known  answer to a trivia question in NY Jets lore

Edited by iphish

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, an investment in protecting Aaron. And a couple of honorable journeymen.

 

Is next year's QB draft expected to be better? I'm all in favor of a better offensive line. Whether you have an old fragile QB or a talented novice, he has to be protected. OTOH, how much tread is really left on Aaron's tires?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BrianBM said:

So, an investment in protecting Aaron. And a couple of honorable journeymen.

 

Is next year's QB draft expected to be better? I'm all in favor of a better offensive line. Whether you have an old fragile QB or a talented novice, he has to be protected. OTOH, how much tread is really left on Aaron's tires?

Time will tell. When does the Jets window close is another question

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When does it close? I don't think it'll ever open under the Johnson family's ownership. The team is Woody's toy.

 

There's a commercial in which some lottery winner buys a team so he can play on it. I think of Woody that way. He has a passion for once-great quarterbacks, Brett Farve being the first. And what bugs me, with the Farve hire, is that for Brett the Jets assembled the top-notch offensive line that they wouldn't buy to protect the guy (name escapes me) before him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

That's a lot of primetime games

 

 

What is New York Jets’ prime-time schedule in 2024 season?

The games the Jets will play under the lights are:

Week 1: Jets at Niners (MNF)

Week 3: New England Patriots at Jets (TNF)

Week 6: Buffalo Bills at Jets (MNF)

Week 7: Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers (SNF)

Week 9: Houston Texans at Jets (TNF)

Week 11: Indianapolis Colts at Jets (SNF)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2024 at 1:28 PM, BrianBM said:

And what bugs me, with the Farve hire, is that for Brett the Jets assembled the top-notch offensive line that they wouldn't buy to protect the guy (name escapes me) before him.

Chad Pennington

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

 

Social Distancing since 1962

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2024 at 7:59 AM, iphish said:

That's a lot of primetime games

 

 

What is New York Jets’ prime-time schedule in 2024 season?

The games the Jets will play under the lights are:

Week 1: Jets at Niners (MNF)

Week 3: New England Patriots at Jets (TNF)

Week 6: Buffalo Bills at Jets (MNF)

Week 7: Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers (SNF)

Week 9: Houston Texans at Jets (TNF)

Week 11: Indianapolis Colts at Jets (SNF)

Tough road ahead, only NE could be considered sub-par and they have to play Miami and Buffalo twice, any patsies on the schedule?

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a nice schedule

 

L - at 49ers - could be a butt whipping I'll be satisfied with a strong game

W- Titans - rebuilding

W - Pats - rebuilding

W - Bronco's - rebuilding - rookie QB or Zac

W - Vikings - rebuilding Rookie QB or Sam Darnold 

? - Bills - tough one but home

W - Pittsburg - but always a tough game for the Jets no matter what the status of the Steelers

W - Pats again

? - Texas - tough game but the Jets are home

? - Arizona - In Arizona another team to watch out for

W - Colts -  With a healthy Richardson and Taylor this could be a very tough game but Jets are home

W - Seattle - middle of the road. Geno Smith is incapable of playing in cold weather and the game is in NJ (possible trap game with Miami coming up)

L - Dolphins - tough game

W - Jags - middle of the road but could be a surprise team

? - Rams - tough one but they are home for it and by this point in the season Stafford will probably be out injured

L - Bills - in buffalo. Real tough one

W - Miami - tough one but home and Miami isn't as dangerous in difficult passing weather - like the Meadowlands in Dec

 

It's still early, I'll make a final prediction, and lose the question marks, at the end of pre-season

 

 

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

 

Social Distancing since 1962

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...