Fishing with Assrod

Rate this topic

ASrod

42 mins ago, ASrod said:

Day 17:

A sad update from the Van Staal repair center:

My Van Staal VSX200 (black) arrived to the shop last Wednesday according to the USPS receipt that I was given upon sending the reel. Thanks to USPS priority, I can rest assured knowing that my shipments reach their destination safe and sound knowing that there’s the option of adding insurance which is a necessity with high ticket items like the Van Staal product line.

Although shipping and arrival was smooth, unfortunately I was met with the unfortunate update that was sent to me via text message: my reel has an approximate 35 day wait before it will be repaired. Which is a tragedy considering that we are in the heat of the spring run here in the Atlantic Coast.

This news truly gutted me, and although I know that I will make it through this ordeal, I know that I am the custodian of the more than capable Van Staal VSX250 (black) and my Van Staal VSX2-150 which have both landed me an innumerable number of trophy striped bass over the years.

In a more uplifting tone, I was blessed with the ability to spend Easter attending the ancient form of the Roman Catholic Liturgy (the Traditional Latin Mass), as well spend time with those who are close to me. Enjoying a well deserved day off from the saltwater grind.

Today’s lesson/tip of the day:

Always make it to Sunday Mass, even if it’s not Christmas or Easter.IMG_4696.jpeg.6355612d2904502a15234763cf7183b8.jpeg

Hope the Easter bunny gave the little one some candy, my little ones are 22 and 26 and the bunny still got them candy..

troll #122  <*)))<

11 hours ago, ASrod said:

Day 17:

A sad update from the Van Staal repair center:

My Van Staal VSX200 (black) arrived to the shop last Wednesday according to the USPS receipt that I was given upon sending the reel. Thanks to USPS priority, I can rest assured knowing that my shipments reach their destination safe and sound knowing that there’s the option of adding insurance which is a necessity with high ticket items like the Van Staal product line.

Although shipping and arrival was smooth, unfortunately I was met with the unfortunate update that was sent to me via text message: my reel has an approximate 35 day wait before it will be repaired. Which is a tragedy considering that we are in the heat of the spring run here in the Atlantic Coast.

This news truly gutted me, and although I know that I will make it through this ordeal, I know that I am the custodian of the more than capable Van Staal VSX250 (black) and my Van Staal VSX2-150 which have both landed me an innumerable number of trophy striped bass over the years.

In a more uplifting tone, I was blessed with the ability to spend Easter attending the ancient form of the Roman Catholic Liturgy (the Traditional Latin Mass), as well spend time with those who are close to me. Enjoying a well deserved day off from the saltwater grind.

Always make it to Sunday Mass, even if it’s not Christmas or Easter.IMG_4696.jpeg.6355612d2904502a15234763cf7183b8.jpeg

your dog looks pissed........

Posted (edited)

Day 18:

Today I made my first trip out with my White River Fly Shop Montauk Stocking-Foot Chest Waders which I picked up during Bass Pro Shop’s clearance event. I bought these to replace my previous mid-range pair of stocking-foot waders by Frogg Togg, specifically the Hellbenders.

The previous waders which I used okay, but just okay. The noticeable differences with the new White River Fly Shop Montauk Stocking-Foot Chest Waders is that these are more breathable as well as I have added range of motion when I need to step up on to a rock or even to simply go up the staircase.

I have my waders paired with Korkers Buckskin Wading Boots and to finish it off I use a Cabelas Guidewear jacket. This makes a wonderful fishing outfit for both dry and rainy conditions with the ability to layer underneath.

Before I shed light on how these waders allow me to catch more fish, I need to clear the air regarding my practices within the household: Before embarking on a fishing trip, I will sleep in my waders the night before as well as my wading boots (jacket as well) so that my nighttime pheromones create a natural “camouflage” to the fish. When I don’t do this, I find that the soaps and shampoos that I come in to contact with will leave a film on the surface of the water which will deter them from coming in to my area. No matter what, the waders do not come off. No bathroom emergency will be entertained.

Moving along… When fishing in my White River Fly Shop Montauk Stocking-Foot Chest Waders, I am able to move faster since the material is noticeably lighter than the competing brands (approximately 5-10%), and the fit is a little bit slimmer making me more aerodynamic. Allowing me to cover more ground, meaning cover more water.

Wading in general will require more refined gear, as I mention in many of my posts, you won’t find me fishing with any other reel than one of my Van Staals while fishing in the water. If you can’t find a Van Staal to fish with, then perhaps it would be better to stay in and watch tv, as the possibility of catching fish is reduced by approximately 99.9% according to studies conducted by Harvard University.

This trip with my new waders was a success. I utilized my Lamiglas Infinity 9’ 1-3 as well as my Van Staal VSX2-150, and an 8” No Live Bait Needed swim bait to entice yet another trophy sized catch.

Find new ways to produce natural fish catching hormones.

438DB210-B07C-4D35-A060-6F5914DE89AA.jpeg

Edited by ASrod

Aspiring Dayquil Pro-Staffer.

Harvard University studies? :laugh:

I've caught many fish that size and bigger and have never fished with a VS or ZB reel. I have used Lamiglas rods, but no Infinity. Of course they didn't have Infinity back then. Each of these installments is like a product placement ad to espouse all his top of the line gear. :laugh: