Fishing with Assrod

Rate this topic

ASrod

Posted (edited)

Day 12:

Wow. What a night. I have so many mixed emotions and I don’t even know where to begin, so I am just going to recount it all as it unfolded.

I started the night off alone, and although fishing alone increases your chances of being the angler to hook up, it gets cold out there and I can’t help but acknowledge that I’m a man who has needs, and those needs happen to include my fishing buddy, let’s call him T-Bone, to keep me company while I’m standing knee deep in the water alone with my rod in my hand. That rod just so happened to be my Lamiglas Infinity Surf 10’ 2-5. A superb but most unfortunately discontinued rod which you will see me reference many times throughout the season.

I started the night casting an old vintage classic, a 2 1/4 ounce Gibbs Danny Surface Swimmer. This plug shines when the adult bunker (otherwise known as Atlantic menhaden) make their way in to the shallows within casting range of the beautiful shoreline that I opted to cast from. Although metal lip swimmers have a bad reputation for their capability, these plugs make up for this disadvantage by having the ability to bring fish up to the surface to take a swipe like no other! They his makes for both a very visually stimulating as well as adrenaline pumping bite that is to die for!

I ended up going 3 for 5 on trophy sized striper bites, as well as catching my fair share of munchkins (from Dunkin of course)! Although nobody ever came down to the water to keep me company, the loneliness and longing for companionship was made up to me by Mother Nature pulling the winds in my favor so that the adult bunker (Atlantic menhaden) could be a present food source for the fish that I was able to catch.

Tip of the day:

Never be afraid of sacrificing your needs for a greater good.

IMG_7937.jpeg

Edited by ASrod

Aspiring Dayquil Pro-Staffer.

6 hours ago, ASrod said:

Day 12:

Wow. What a night. I have so many mixed emotions and I don’t even know where to begin, so I am just going to recount it all as it unfolded.

I started the night off alone, and although fishing alone increases your chances of being the angler to hook up, it gets cold out there and I can’t help but acknowledge that I’m a man who has needs, and those needs happen to include my fishing buddy, let’s call him T-Bone, to keep me company while I’m standing knee deep in the water alone with my rod in my hand. That rod just so happened to be my Lamiglas Infinity Surf 10’ 2-5. A superb but most unfortunately discontinued rod which you will see me reference many times throughout the season.

I started the night casting an old vintage classic, a 2 1/4 ounce Gibbs Danny Surface Swimmer. This plug shines when the adult bunker (otherwise known as Atlantic menhaden) make their way in to the shallows within casting range of the beautiful shoreline that I opted to cast from. Although metal lip swimmers have a bad reputation for their capability, these plugs make up for this disadvantage by having the ability to bring fish up to the surface to take a swipe like no other! They his makes for both a very visually stimulating as well as adrenaline pumping bite that is to die for!

I ended up going 3 for 5 on trophy sized striper bites, as well as catching my fair share of munchkins (from Dunkin of course)! Although nobody ever came down to the water to keep me company, the loneliness and longing for companionship was made up to me by Mother Nature pulling the winds in my favor so that the adult bunker (Atlantic menhaden) could be a present food source for the fish that I was able to catch.

Tip of the day:

Never be afraid of sacrificing your needs for a greater good.

IMG_7937.jpeg

Red rod not a Lami...

troll #122  <*)))<

3 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Though he was passionate about it being a lami. This smells funny 

Clearly photoshopped, the proverbial plot thickens.

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333

12 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Red rod not a Lami...

All the Lami Infinity rods I've seen have lime green logos on a dark (black?) rod blank.

Assrod's whole pic there has been fabricated at the very least to disguise the background location. All his posts smell a bit funny to me, but so long as he's having fun............Meh.

Aside from the picture, as per the narrative he was all alone, so who took the picture?

T-Bone?

Any ways it is entertaining.

Thank you Assrod for this thread, I hope you land and show us a very good fish soon! 

Day 13:

Things went far differently than expected in this most recent excursion. My fishing trips are starting to feel a little less like relaxing fishing trips, and punching my card and doing my shift of elevating my heart rate and stress beyond what I ever dreamt of this hobby to morph in to.

I started exactly where I left off, in the spot where I was unfortunately stood up by T-bone. To my surprise, there was not one single sign of any life anywhere at all. It’s as if everything went as stale as the sex life of a couple in their 50’s. No striped bass, no bunker (Atlantic menhaden), no bay anchovies, not even a crab roaming the shoreline.

This pattern continued to be consistent with each of the seven (yes, seven) spots that I attempted to find a trophy striped bass at. Nothing to be found anywhere.

I feel like I am trapped in a bad dream with nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. I understand that this is just a passing trend and things will be more productive soon, but right now I would say that feeling helpless, hopeless, alone, and scared is more than a sufficient way to put how the lack of life in the salt is causing me to feel.

Tip of the day:

There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Aspiring Dayquil Pro-Staffer.