Fishing with Assrod

Rate this topic

ASrod

15 hours ago, ReelNerd said:

Love the addition of the color of the braid, this is classic lol

But not the color of the 'Gosa.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

7 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

But not the color of the 'Gosa.

True. Clearly he isn’t that good of a fisherman if he doesn’t tell us that. To be fair though, he claims you need a Van Staal to catch fish, not a ‘Gosa, and he does say those colors…. Maybe he should just give the Gosa away to us loyal fans of his.

But first, I’d need to know what color it is. LOL

Edited by ReelNerd

Posted (edited)

Day 20:

Today was yet another unfortunate day without fishing. I’ve been having too many of those lately.

It seems when you get so caught up with life, and the hustle and bustle of work, family life, raising fostered animals such as pigeons, hedgehogs, and domesticated house chickens, you can almost lose a sense of your identity. This leads to moderate to severe confusion as well as depending on external substances to fill the void such as caffeinated energy drinks, drive-thru meals, and in some cases, numbing substances such as alcohol and lidocaine.

For myself personally, I carry the weight of all of these things on my shoulders. The constantly being needed by employers, family members, and my animals. On top of that, I have to factor in my reputation as the best surfcaster on the Atlantic coast. It’s very draining with little reward, and it is a tough burden to perpetually live with, but this just so happens to be my cross, as it were.

So today, my heart truly goes out to those of you who have had to miss a day of fishing due to these external factors as mentioned above. I’m with you, standing in solidarity, and tomorrow when I’m finally able to once again grasp my rod (Lamiglas Infinity Surf 9’ 1-3) as firmly as I can, and crank my Van Staal VSX-2 150 (black), spooled with 30 pound Suffix 832 Braid in Moss Green to my heart’s content, it won’t be the fish that I’m thinking about. It will be you, the little guy, sitting at your desk, or having dinner conversation with your family whilst daydreaming of the next ride window, or even those of you tending to your splendid array of foster animals that I will be thinking of, and dedicating every last cast to you.

Attached isn’t a recent photo, but it takes me back to happier times.

Today’s lesson/tip of the day:

Never take fishing for granted. 

IMG_7832.jpeg

Edited by ASrod

Aspiring Dayquil Pro-Staffer.

I am really enjoying this thread and you are off to a great start this season.  Balancing work, home, and fishing is always a challenge.  Keep putting in time,

23 hours ago, ReelNerd said:

True. Clearly he isn’t that good of a fisherman if he doesn’t tell us that. To be fair though, he claims you need a Van Staal to catch fish, not a ‘Gosa, and he does say those colors…. Maybe he should just give the Gosa away to us loyal fans of his.

But first, I’d need to know what color it is. LOL

I bought one of the first generation Gosas about 15 years ago, and at that time, you had a choice of silver, or, uh, silver. :laugh:

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver