Fishing with Assrod

Rate this topic

ASrod

1 hour ago, slicedcornbread said:

Harvard University studies? :laugh:

I've caught many fish that size and bigger and have never fished with a VS or ZB reel. I have used Lamiglas rods, but no Infinity. Of course they didn't have Infinity back then. Each of these installments is like a product placement ad to espouse all his top of the line gear. :laugh:

It is kinda funny how much he has to mention his VS, I think you’re right! I almost hope its satirical with how much he shamelessly plugs it :headscratch:

40 mins ago, ReelNerd said:

It is kinda funny how much he has to mention his VS, I think you’re right! I almost hope its satirical with how much he shamelessly plugs it :headscratch:

Go back about 10 years ago. Iirc it was right around the time of his italian travels.

the human race has proved darwins theory of evolution wrong. we let the dumb survive. 

30 mins ago, Bergallmaster said:

And im proud of the kid cause he has 3 of em now.

Hey, if he’s doing well for himself I have no issue with it! Good on him. I just think its almost comedic how much its mentioned Lol

16 hours ago, ASrod said:

Before I shed light on how these waders allow me to catch more fish, I need to clear the air regarding my practices within the household: Before embarking on a fishing trip, I will sleep in my waders the night before as well as my wading boots (jacket as well) so that my nighttime pheromones create a natural “camouflage” to the fish. When I don’t do this, I find that the soaps and shampoos that I come in to contact with will leave a film on the surface of the water which will deter them from coming in to my area. No matter what, the waders do not come off. No bathroom emergency will be entertained.

OK, up until now you had me believing that it was about 60% real, but you just convinced me that the whole thing is a put-on. :laugh:

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

12 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

OK, up until now you had me believing that it was about 60% real, but you just convinced me that the whole thing is a put-on. :laugh:

Are you saying theres no santa? What about the easter bunny? Tooth fairy?:cry:

the human race has proved darwins theory of evolution wrong. we let the dumb survive. 

At the bottom of every one of his post it says it all.

(If you can dream it, I can meme it)

I just started looking at this the other day .  he is a Meme maker he  is playing with us 

i even complemented him on his lovely family :)

strange world 

.)

Posted (edited)

Day 19:

I was feeling a little tired and under the weather, as I sometimes do at the beginning of what will be a hectic work week. I tried my usual pick-me-ups such as a medium dark roast from Dunkin, as well as a lovely chocolate chip and walnut cookie that I had freshly baked for my wife’s book club meeting yesterday night. 

The original plan was to take it easy this afternoon, catch up on my favorite soap opera or do some self care by lighting my candles and enjoying a bubble bath.

However, when I was sitting in my car during today’s lunch break and watched John Skinner’s most recent videos, and I felt the water bound wanderlust beginning to kick in. And boy did it kick!

I decided to try something new and fish one of my summer time spots at sunset and for the first time in months, I didn’t use my Van Staal VSX250 (black), my Van Staal VSX200 (black, tragic story attached to this reel), or my Van Staal VSX-2 150 (black). In fact, I used my Shimano SRG6000SW Saragosa spooled with 30 pound power pro (yellow) and paired with my St. Croix Avid Inshore 7’6” Heavy Fast Action Spinning Rod. This is a lovely outfit to keep in the back of the car while I’m at work or on the go, as it’s one of my more versatile setups for the waters that I fish.

Unfortunately no fish were caught as I ended my trip early. Somebody from my past had found me fishing and wanted to try to make amends. I just don’t understand what T-Bone could want from me, or if he even wants me…? I know my worth and I won’t be selling myself short for a fishing partner who’s ok with ghosting me and hitting the inlet with another guy. That’s not how I roll. But then again, I’m confused and I do care for him as both a fishing partner and well, as a person. I just feel so lost and scared.

Today’s lesson/tip of the day:

Don’t settle for less than you deserve.

Edited by ASrod

If you can dream it, I can meme it.