Fish on custom wood 2024 Edition

Rate this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dan K said:

Thanks @Heavy Hooksetter .. not 2024 but didn’t post it last year, fish taken on a Bob Hahn in the same area he was making plugs , had 5 that day w this plug

31683989-57D2-41A2-B524-7D9CE8B043D3.jpeg.ee36c79a31b5586118fd8858661ab995.jpeg

Fine fish any day.

What kind of plug?,, I want to say medium pikie but, can't see the top of the head 

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

2 hours ago, Dan K said:

B8038E7B-1564-4FF0-A8DC-296FDE1A9C62.jpeg

looks to be one of his surfsters but the surfsters I have from Bob have two hooks and a flag.

I have a few medium Rudolph pikies and surfsters he made for me some years ago,they always saved the night many times.

I even have a yellow Rudolph he made for me ,he was a good guy.

HH 

1 min ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

looks to be one of his surfsters but the surfsters I have from Bob have two hooks and a flag.

I have a few medium Rudolph pikies and surfsters he made for me some years ago,they always saved the night many times.

I even have a yellow Rudolph he made for me ,he was a good guy.

HH 

Confirming I took off the second hook, was in the middle of a blitz last November and doing so made releasing fish faster 

hahn plugs single handedly gave me confidence in metal lips. Tried so many times before w others and nada. And the price is unbeatable . I have the same one in a blueish tint, and a yellow bottle darter that both need to get their first fish this year 

B'Nuggets with the Asian.

(*member formerly known as 'imdannoir')

15 mins ago, Dan K said:

Confirming I took off the second hook, was in the middle of a blitz last November and doing so made releasing fish faster 

hahn plugs single handedly gave me confidence in metal lips. Tried so many times before w others and nada. And the price is unbeatable . I have the same one in a blueish tint, and a yellow bottle darter that both need to get their first fish this year 

His stuff def produces.

You found them new?

HH

Just now, Heavy Hooksetter said:

His stuff def produces.

You found them new?

HH

Yes, brand new in packaging. Checked out fisherman’s flea market in Keyport one afternoon last year, where I unloaded 4 boxes of plugs I got for extremely cheap at a yard sale for store credit. I grabbed a lot of used plugs from him (Gary, I think?), as well as the new hahns made in florida. Forgetting the fourth one I have but I’ll take a look later today and take a pic of the lot.

great deals over there.. $6-9 used sps and yozuris, always an interesting selection. 

8 mins ago, Dan K said:

Yes, brand new in packaging. Checked out fisherman’s flea market in Keyport one afternoon last year, where I unloaded 4 boxes of plugs I got for extremely cheap at a yard sale for store credit. I grabbed a lot of used plugs from him (Gary, I think?), as well as the new hahns made in florida. Forgetting the fourth one I have but I’ll take a look later today and take a pic of the lot.

great deals over there.. $6-9 used sps and yozuris, always an interesting selection. 

That's great man.

Nice score.

I have maybe 6 in the package made in Homassa Florida,I talked to his wife a few times as she would place orders when I contacted her.

She is a nice lady.

HH 

5 mins ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

That's great man.

Nice score.

I have maybe 6 in the package made in Homassa Florida,I talked to his wife a few times as she would place orders when I contacted her.

She is a nice lady.

HH 

Seems like a great family, his son is active in the thread on the tackle collectors forum