Comfortable, affordable wading boots for wide feet

Rate this topic

So, I am starting to use some korkers wading boots for my waiders more frequently after buying them years ago, and maybe my feet changed a little, but it is creating some real hot spots on my toes. I do have very wide feet, so im used to that, but do people have any suggestions for some basic rubber soled boots that may be widder and more comfortable? It wouldn't be for any crazy rock hopping, mostly fishing the shores of lakes and ponds.

Should I just find a cheap pair large sneakers or boots and punch some drainage holes?

I have wide feet as well (maybe not as wide as yours).  I use Korkers Greenbacks with no issue.  What size foot are you, and what size boots are you using?  I'm size 11 or 11.5 (depending), and I use size 13 Korkers for my waders.  I also have some Hodgman neoprene "dive" boots and Frogg Togg Aransas II.  All in size 13 to compensate for room for the stocking foot waders.  All are comfortable.  So maybe size issue?

I won't wear my Korkers in mud or sand.  Too much cleaning involved with the removable soles.  My neoprenes are for non-rocky enviros.

Check out some neoprenes for what your intended use is.  Much cheaper than normal boots.  Although places like Dick's might have some inexpensive ones.  The Aransas have decent soles and support.

Edited by Skunkoff

14 hours ago, FishinFreak said:

Buy a size larger than you normally wear. I do this so I can comfortably add an extra layer of socks on the really cold days. I wear a size 11 for standard boots and buy a size 12 for wading boots. 

I do the same thing. I have wide feet and buy one size larger.  One key is finding boots that at that one size larger allow for comfortably for different weight socks. Mine fit well enough with lightweight liner socks for warmer weather and with heavier Darn Tough socks for colder weather wading. The boots I have are Caddis.  Durability is not great, but they are not too costly and I have them for over 5 years of moderate use, mostly on sand and sod environments.

"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."   -- A.K. Best --

I like korkers, but they can get pricy. Personally picked up a pair of Danner R.A.T. hot climate boots a couple years back when they were on blowout sale from being removed from active duty approval (should have bought 3 pairs to be honest as they were $29-35 depending on shipping, especially since they were close to a $400 origionally). Probably the most comfortable boot out of the box I have ever had and have been holding up very well given they have spent hours in salt water marshes and completely submerged in the bay and ocean.

Edited by FallenKell

You guys say wide feet, but how wide?  Just state the size you wear.  I have wide hoofs - 12 4E.  I've got Korkers Darkhorse boots at size 14.  They are comfortable.  How comfortable is relative until we state context.  I use them for walks to 3.5 miles round trip, that is the high end of my outings and they are fine.  Are they optimal -probably not, but fine never the less.