What rod is lighter?

Rate this topic

What the reasoning behind it needing it to be lighter ? Spending that kind of cash I’d be more worried about how it preforms its intended task. If you picked a crank bait rod  because it was lighter and then used it for jigging bucktails it would kind of defeat the purpose. 

On 3/3/2024 at 7:39 PM, GoneCoastal said:

What the reasoning behind it needing it to be lighter ? Spending that kind of cash I’d be more worried about how it preforms its intended task. If you picked a crank bait rod  because it was lighter and then used it for jigging bucktails it would kind of defeat the purpose. 

Just if I but the rod I want to know if I'm buying the lighter version compared to both on is an inshore rod and the other is a jig and worm for lake I guess 

i actually had the original nrx Jig and worm and an nrx inshore, and the nrx inshore was a lot heavier, of course depending on length/power/action. it had bigger grips and a longer butt. the jig and worm rod was awesome though, wish i still had it

Careful with these Loomis mega-modulous super lightweight rods ... they are fragile (don't ask)... While super light weight and ultra sensitive, you need to baby them. It stings when you snap the tip off a $600 rod... a lot.

On 3/3/2024 at 12:13 AM, Bluegillbite said:

Hey I'm looking to buy a rod but I need to know which one is lighter the gloomis nrx+ JIG and worm or the nrx+ inshore series 

GLoomis doesn't always give weight, because each rod is still individually made - and the weight rods vary as they claim from being hand-crafted. 

Loomy does have some of the same exact blanks that they use in the Freshwater series compared with the Saltwater series, and sometimes, it is only the 'guides' that create the distinction - is that what you're asking?  

Are these rods the same Loomis blank?  Usually, I would know, but I don't.  It could just be different guides, and possibly a different reel seat.  Most, NRX's are pretty stiff imo.. what are you using it for?  I enjoy light light application, but the reel has to match/balance.

2 hours ago, JAL said:

Careful with these Loomis mega-modulous super lightweight rods ... they are fragile (don't ask)... While super light weight and ultra sensitive, you need to baby them. It stings when you snap the tip off a $600 rod... a lot.

nrx warantee is pretty great. 100$ and you get a brand new rod, had to do this a few times. 

On 3/6/2024 at 8:52 AM, StealthModes said:

GLoomis doesn't always give weight, because each rod is still individually made - and the weight rods vary as they claim from being hand-crafted. 

Loomy does have some of the same exact blanks that they use in the Freshwater series compared with the Saltwater series, and sometimes, it is only the 'guides' that create the distinction - is that what you're asking?  

Are these rods the same Loomis blank?  Usually, I would know, but I don't.  It could just be different guides, and possibly a different reel seat.  Most, NRX's are pretty stiff imo.. what are you using it for?  I enjoy light light application, but the reel has to match/balance.

No like what's lighter inshore or the jig and worm in blank

On 3/6/2024 at 7:05 AM, TheReelLuke said:

i actually had the original nrx Jig and worm and an nrx inshore, and the nrx inshore was a lot heavier, of course depending on length/power/action. it had bigger grips and a longer butt. the jig and worm rod was awesome though, wish i still had it

Nbut how about the nrx+