Riverton…. Bass Pro Shops progress thread?

Rate this topic

Aside from some financial stuff that set the project back, they keep having to wait for the soil to settle for structural integrity and to test okay for contaminants. Soil remediation in NJ is in the "waste management" family run by colorful characters, undoubtedly there is some sketchy goings on involved as well to make a buck. 

18 mins ago, Deaone123 said:

Got to start first to finish but seriously i don't think its ever happening at this point 

The redevelopment of the area is 100% going to happen. The project is still actively getting grants from the government and site design changes from the local board. The only question is, will it be completed fast enough that Bass Pro will still show up. But considering the footprint of the building is being customized specifically for Bass Pro and they still say they are committed it would take something big for them to back out.

The remediation is important for sure. I wonder how much leaden toxic clay had to be pulled out of there. Even then the site is downwind from the sewerage plant which was there before this debacle started, so they can’t bitch about the smell.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, we're going down

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard much about the project recently. Soil issues can take 10 to 20 years to get right. Specifically settlement/sinking issues in an area so close water. At least that's what a few engineers and architects that I know told me. I'm sure some kind of development will happen when the conditions are right because after all this is NJ and God forbid we don't develop every piece of unused land.

Does anyone remember when this all first started?? 

I recall the first time seeing a billboard in front of the sight on the gsp coming home from work and thinkin that would be awesome! But I kinda feel like that was 10 yrs ago? 

56 mins ago, Mr.Belmar said:

I recall the first time seeing a billboard in front of the sight on the gsp coming home from work and thinkin that would be awesome! But I kinda feel like that was 10 yrs ago? 

I think the first sign was opening fall of 16, so easily 10 year when first sign went up.

13 hours ago, Mr.Belmar said:

I remember hearing rumors about it right when I graduated college, so sometime around 2009.  Been a long time coming.  

4 hours ago, SB59 said:

By the time they build it they'll be like every other sporting goods chain in NJ. Another place to buy running shoes and tread mills.

It's funny, Dick's has been removing fishing tackle from select stores but the one down the road in Woodbridge is still one the largest retail spaces for fishing tackle in the area. Perhaps there is some good mojo to the general location.

20 mins ago, JerseyJeb said:

It's funny, Dick's has been removing fishing tackle from select stores but the one down the road in Woodbridge is still one the largest retail spaces for fishing tackle in the area. Perhaps there is some good mojo to the general location.

The old sports authority in Woodbridge had a good selection of tackle as well probably due to its locale to the bayshore