Your vote for number 1 top lure of all time?

Rate this topic

codfish

Eta. By top, you mean on top as in water or as in list?

Pre-Sellout Kastmaster, Chrome/Blue.  From the tiniest size to 2oz.  

I've caught fish up and down the eastcoast,  fresh and saltwater. Thru the ice and from a boat offshore. 

Edited by PSeggs

5 mins ago, PSeggs said:

Eta. By top, you mean on top as in water or as in list?

Pre-Sellout Kastmaster, Chrome/Blue.  From the tiniest size to 2oz.  

I've caught fish up and down the eastcoast,  fresh and saltwater. Thru the ice and from a boat offshore. 

Second day I ever got albies, I landed 19 from the beach on a 2oz castmaster.  They do catch.

Bucktail.  Nothing else comes close.

Whether cast for bonefish on an inches-deep flat, fished for bass in the northeastern surf, or jigged vertically on a tropical reef, they catch fish.

Was on New York's St. Lawrence River a few years ago, when the pike season just opened and no one was catching fish because of the cold water..  Put on a bucktail, fished it deep and slow as if I was casting for weakfish, and had three pike latch on, which was three more than anyone else at the entire outdoor writers' convention managed to find throughout the event, even though most of them were die-hard freshwater guys, and I was the lone representative of the coast.

Other lures might fish better under certain conditions, but north or south, ocean, bay, or fresh water, large fish or small, the bucktail will reliably produce.

Edited by CWitek

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams

56 mins ago, Fitzy said:

Second day I ever got albies, I landed 19 from the beach on a 2oz castmaster.  They do catch.

I sit back and think of all the different fish and all the different environments that I've caught them from.  

From right under the surface to dragging them along the bottom.   Things as small as a bluegill to large Cuda and cobia..

Sucks what the new production has become.  

Edited by PSeggs