75 days out till fish return

Rate this topic

Closer to what’s in front of us than what’s behind.   Get your spring projects going early with this next stretch of balmy March weather.  I can’t believe I’m saying this but I actually got some yard cleanup done this week from all the **** storms this winter.  If this keeps up I can paint soon lol 

130  days since my last fish (striper)

thinking mid May will be the next.

Apologize in advance for the pending house project avoidance distractions

We are getting there people

wishing you all a fruitful early spring project season.  Get er done…

Tight lines soon 

Jim 

[/sIGPIC]"Never let the truth spoil a good story"

Jim good to see your “spring post”. It’s a sign we are getting closer to go time. 
spring projects are stacking up but nocking them off at a pretty good clip to, hopefully the big ones don’t impact fishing this summer for me. 

I replaced my boat the end of last year, picked up a 1801 Parker and am looking forward to have a little larger range over my old 16ft aluminum. As soon as the rain stops I plan on getting out for the maiden voyage on Sebago.  

Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after, If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

Just got on site here wondering if there was any point to wetting a line in Wolf NecK State Park wondering if there was any point in wetting a line for any species at all (marine species, that is)

On 3/7/2024 at 1:31 PM, KCoffey said:

Just got on site here wondering if there was any point to wetting a line in Wolf NecK State Park wondering if there was any point in wetting a line for any species at all (marine species, that is)

The only fishing I am aware of at that spot is Shellfishing for steamers, and it is one of the only places in Maine where you can get soft shell clams without a license.  At least it used to be like that, not sure if it has changed, please check before going.

On 3/7/2024 at 1:31 PM, KCoffey said:

You could probably get some winter pollock or something.?(note the question mark). I'd probably throw a. Sabiki.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...