New tsunami saltx2/forged rods

Rate this topic

TimSF

I believe there is a small difference in the amount of carbon fiber the blue saltx is 40 ton the forged 36. I don’t know how much of a difference it makes maybe Scob can help 

On 3/2/2024 at 7:56 PM, hydraman said:

Rod could be ok. But a fast rod for throwing pencils is not what you want. Can you do it sure but not optimally. 

a rod with fast recovery is not neccesarily a fast actioned rod.

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

Has anyone had a chance to handle the 10’ 7 saltx2 yet? How did it throw the upper and lower range. Seems like it might be a great rod for the money

Edited by Slampig

That 9'7" seems very interesting to me, but this seems to me like an odd price point for Tsunami.  What are the comps here, what are this rod's primary competitors?  I had been considering an ODM Genesis 10', seems like this would line up.  Would be looking for another rod to pair with my VR50 or VS150 to throw tins, bucktails and poppers up to 2.5 oz.

The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

14 hours ago, plt391 said:

I believe there is a small difference in the amount of carbon fiber the blue saltx is 40 ton the forged 36. I don’t know how much of a difference it makes maybe Scob can help 

None of the rods are made with 36 or 40 ton carbon.

Primary difference is the guide choice.

Stainless SiC K / KW guides on Forged 

Titanium K / KW / RV (rv on 9'7 and 10'7)

Grips a slightly different on the 8'7 and 7'7 when comparing the two series of rods.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

• 2 weeks later...

So I got one of these 7’7 salt x 2’s a couple weeks ago. I paired it with a Vanford 4000. I just now threw on a power handle for the Vanford. I’ve gotta get the reel spooled up, but this setup is setup so light weight. OMG.

IMG_8380.jpeg

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

1 hour ago, MattieG said:

So I got one of these 7’7 salt x 2’s a couple weeks ago. I paired it with a Vanford 4000. I just now threw on a power handle for the Vanford. I’ve gotta get the reel spooled up, but this setup is setup so light weight. OMG.

IMG_8380.jpeg

That's such a fun rod to fish...It's a big fish conquering toothpick....

Tims

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

That's such a fun rod to fish...It's a big fish conquering toothpick....

I actually got the rod because of you, and the icast video.

What did you pair yours with? Like I said I put the Vanford 4000 on mine.

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

11 mins ago, MattieG said:

I actually got the rod because of you, and the icast video.

What did you pair yours with? Like I said I put the Vanford 4000 on mine.

Awesome!   I hope you like it as much as I do.

It Salt x 2 4000, Stella 4000, exsence 4000

I think I'm going to grab a mini Saltiga to pair with it.

Tims

Hey Scoobydoo, I bought the 8”7’ and paired it with a vr75. In my test casting, it casts the entire lure range quite well. The action is listed as moderate. Although the rod loads like a moderate action rod, it “feels” faster. I saw in another thread here on SOL where you mentioned the action of the 8’7” was unique in this series. Would you mind elaborating a bit more? Would you agree with my observation? I’m pleased with this setup and plan to actually put it into action this weekend! Thanks