New tsunami saltx2/forged rods

Rate this topic

TimSF

Anybody using these yet? Looks like they are on the market now. Looks like both models are built on the same blank. The forged uses SS/SIC Fuji K’s and the saltx uses titanium/sic k’s or RV’s depending on the model. Insane price points considering the components.

1 hour ago, plt391 said:

Definitely a lot of rod for the money especially the saltx blue with titanium guide for 400 dollars. I fished them during testing 

did you fish both the new saltx and forged? just curious the difference that the guide material makes with how the rod fishes.

from what I am told the blank is the same on both

Did not fish both but saltx high end rod the layout was done by bob at grumpys I spoke to him yesterday about the 2 rods and he said the blue saltx with titanium layout would cast better you could call grumps and ask bob for his thoughts 

12 hours ago, LB said:

Has any one seen the SALTX2 reels yet?

I fished the size 3000 first prototype, extensively. I buried it in the sand, washed it in the surf, and used it for bass and then tog. It’s a huge upgrade over the gen1. When Matt came on, he made a couple of changes and it’s even better. Very impressive reel. Tsunami is really stepping up their game. 

On 2/29/2024 at 7:12 AM, HYB_Living said:

Tsunami once again showing that you don’t need to empty your paycheck for a quality rod 

That’s a great way to sum it up.

While I can usually appreciate expensive things that highlight new technology and higher performance, my modest income has always necessitated that I must be a value based consumer.

Hence, the things I can afford to buy are not usually the best of the best.

But, I’ll do my research and purchase things which will give me very good performance  and still be affordable.

I’ll be taking a serious look at these rods shortly.

10 hours ago, wefish138 said:

I fished the size 3000 first prototype, extensively. I buried it in the sand, washed it in the surf, and used it for bass and then tog. It’s a huge upgrade over the gen1. When Matt came on, he made a couple of changes and it’s even better. Very impressive reel. Tsunami is really stepping up their game. 

Walmart John snow.. Lmao

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

11 hours ago, wefish138 said:

The SaltX had black titanium guides, the forged has SIC. 

black Ti is a frame material/finish, SiC is an insert material which is used with several frame materials/finishes, including black Ti.

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

11 hours ago, wefish138 said:

They are different blanks. The SaltX had black titanium guides, the forged has SIC. The layouts were done by black cloud bob at Grumpys tackle. 

Definitely the same blank, just different colors.

I lack self control and ended up buying the 9'7" salt x II today. Took it out for a few test casts. Paired with a vsx 200. Balanced great. Really light, but can tell it has backbone. Was casting a 3 ounce guppy pencil into a hard south wind. First thing I noticed was how straight the plug comes out of the rod. No wobble at all, which if there was any it would be magnified in the strong head on wind. Handled 3 ounce beautifully, rod did not feel overloaded at all. I actually prefer a faster recovery rod for working a pencil popper, and this rod did a great job getting a good action on the plug with minimal effort. For the strength of the headwind, casting distance was great. Rod did not get overpowered no matter how hard I leaned into it. Can tell the tip is nice and sensitive though. Looking forward to putting some fish on it this spring. Will report back then.