Any way to focus this image?

Rate this topic

Interesting question...I would suspect with todays technology there would be a way to apply various lenses or AI to that image and focus it. I don't know how to do it....but I suspect someone here might :) 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

I saw someone post surveillance video of a porch pirate that had been AI enhanced just like on TV! Pretty cool, and then some digital privacy idiots started ranting about how AI makes crap up and it's unfair. Anybody could see from the before and after it did a great job. I'm probably more of a 4A bug than most, but this was ridiculous. 

porch-pirate.png

Edited by gellfex

3 mins ago, gellfex said:

Sorry @tims, I thought I just copied and pasted a image, not a link.

When you hotlink an image it makes a link to the site.

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

2 mins ago, TimS said:

When you hotlink an image it makes a link to the site.

Except I didn't copy the link, I selected "copy image", I though it would just copy the image file. Guess not. Now I know to paste it into an editor and copy it out to scrub it clean of the Reddit taint!

1 min ago, gellfex said:

Except I didn't copy the link, I selected "copy image", I though it would just copy the image file. Guess not. Now I know to paste it into an editor and copy it out to scrub it clean of the Reddit taint!

I guess 'copy' just copies the link...I save the images to my device and upload them - or take a screenshot and upload that.

54 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

you can fix just about anything in a digital photo except focus.

The AI did a damn good job, way better than Unsharp Mask in Photoshop. I'm tempted to run some old family photo scans through it.

14 hours ago, gellfex said:

OK, I was curious. Found an AI service. Pretty f**king impressive to me given the quality of the original. Seems like you gotta pay to get rid of the watermark.

image.png.69ab250ec0f239f11478250dab7d2f58.png

I found one, installed it and tried that - but it didn’t come out that clean…same deal though, watermark unless you pay for the software. 

On 2/28/2024 at 10:24 PM, gellfex said:

OK, I was curious. Found an AI service. Pretty f**king impressive to me given the quality of the original. Seems like you gotta pay to get rid of the watermark.  

image.png.69ab250ec0f239f11478250dab7d2f58.png

looks more like AI made new faces, not correcting the focus.   What say you Jim DE ?

Edited by FizzyFish

" I did my worst, but I did it well "

• 2 weeks later...

Fizzy I have basically barely taken a photo in the past 4-5 years. There are softwares that can improve clarity and enhance the images but they had their limits. I still get notifications of software updates and new softwares for Topaz and others but really don’t pay much attention to them. But, I am sure over the past 5 years softwares have gotten much better than the stuff I used. 

Fizzy you were correct with your earlier statement that with all the photo problems focus is the most difficult to correct. I would imagine with what I see with AI if one is willing to pay the price there is a software that can fix any defect or create any perfect image of something that never existed. One of a numerous number of reasons I no longer take photos with digital cameras. The tech today takes the majority of the personal talent and skills out of the game just like forward facing sonar takes the talents out of fishing. See a fish, see your lure, make the two intersect , boom fish on. Now who or what really caught the fish? It is literally shooting fish in a barrel. I refuse to take that step into fishing tech after throwing glide baits to fish in a friend boat. I caught beasts but felt like I was cheating. 

But back to the topic if I was the op I’d check the web for sharpening softwares or add-ons to photoshop software. Either option will cost and like anything you usually get what you pay for. When my other 25” iMac took a dump I lost a ton of photo processing softwares that would only work on old unavailable Mac OS systems. Right now I have photos, and  a Topaz library and that is about it. It would take me a bit to even be proficient with these as it’s been years.

These days I fish from my boat or play golf( difficult not to do either of these here: the fishing is insane all year long and we have over 50 golf courses within our gates). The only pics I take are on my cellphone of an item I need from a hardware store or some other reference photo. The past 2 weeks I have been dealing with some old age health crap and the meds I am on put me in nappy time and balance issues so it’s been hospitals and ER’s. 

Edited by Jim DE