Price for VS serviced at Saltwaters ?

Rate this topic

irishexit

The cost is $49.95, plus shipping and whatever parts they replace. You can download a form off the site with instructions. I got mine back in a couple of weeks. I’m sure it will be busier now with Spring around the corner.

Here's the form from SWE listing rate prices. My reel services usually run well over $100 but it will vary with the degree of service and replacement parts.

Screenshot_20240228_171619_SamsungNotes.jpg.59e21dd01a5182a13145245ae0f38a8b.jpg

Edited by Sandbar1

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333

I thought these VS reels were supposed to be indestructible with all the talk around here? You pay a crap ton for them, then have to pay a hefty service fee to keep them maintained each year. Sound like a German car?

23 mins ago, JAL said:

I thought these VS reels were supposed to be indestructible with all the talk around here? You pay a crap ton for them, then have to pay a hefty service fee to keep them maintained each year. Sound like a German car?

They are, but you still need to maintain them - especially if you're using them hard as they're intended. What an asinine statement. If $50 is a "hefty service fee" maybe you should have a different hobby. 

Where do you go when the lights go out?

1 hour ago, JAL said:

If you use the reel like you’d use a regular non-waterproof reel you could probably go 5 years plus without service. When used for its intended purpose seals will wear over time. IMO that’s as close to indestructible as you can get. Every machine with moving parts used for its intended purpose needs to be serviced, no matter how much they cost. 

On 2/28/2024 at 7:28 PM, phishallways said:

Used the Long Island place and i paid 125$ each, main seals included. Good work.

Just looked at my receipt. Saltwaters in West Islip, 249$ for a 250 vs  Chyna and 200 vs American. Two years ago.

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

22 hours ago, HarryHood711 said:

just a heads up you probably won't get it back until late april/may at this point. 

I sent one in to the West Islip location at the end of January...I received an email indicating that it would be worked on in 35 days so you definitely want to get it to them sooner rather than later.