Herring

Rate this topic

burkie

10 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

There was a big dude in the barber shop this morning.  Shorts and flip flops.

And it was cold outside.  He said he was 6'8

Size 18 shoes. 

And it was 

Hard to find shoes and clothes..

That could have been red top Bull

LIFE MEMBER OF THE , BRUINS, SOX, PATS, B-WARE HATERS CLUB... LIFE MEMBER OF THE CANADIENS, YANKEES, GIANTS...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

4 hours ago, unskunk said:

food shopping last Sun. AM, I counted 3 different people in shorts and t-shirts,,,,,,

The temp outside was 19 degress !!!!   ( ALL male, by the way and 1 had to be maybe 10?

I'm sayin', new trend ?)

I don't get it myself, but then again I got no meat on my bones these days. I'm wearing longjohns under my jeans indoors.

Because I live next to the train tracks, I get a lot of "trainfans", people who stand next to the track and take pictures of trains (another thing I don't get). There's a guy that comes almost every weekend all year. He brings a boy maybe 10 - 12. I have never seen that kid in anything but shorts. Not just when it's cold. At least once when it was snowing like hell. 

I seriously have considered going over there and asking the dad what he was thinking. 

1 hour ago, burkie said:

That could have been red top Bull

Yes.  It could have very well been Bull. 

Certain folks best not get snarky or impertinent with Bull, and they best wear their elevator shoes to get his undivided attention. 

5 mins ago, Joe G said:

Yes.  It could have very well been Bull. 

Certain folks best not get snarky or impertinent with Bull, and they best wear their elevator shoes to get his undivided attention. 

Snarky, elevator shoes.............wait a minute now..................

• 2 weeks later...

^^I'm about to check Brewster myself. Saw nothing in the Eastham runs earlier today.

But...ospreys are looking. :shaky: saw a cpl in flight and two on the pole nest near the orleans rotary. 

Pfantum Pfishah

Saw the sign board. Checked Brewster this afternoon and there were about a dozen herring below the road.

Still nothing at Wareham. No ospreys. Water at the Elks shack was charging downstream like Victoria Falls. :shaky: Doubt I could see anything even if they were in. Didn't check Middleboro but I'm sure it's going full.tilt. 

Pfantum Pfishah

19 mins ago, bdowning said:

Saw the sign board. Checked Brewster this afternoon and there were about a dozen herring below the road.

Still nothing at Wareham. No ospreys. Water at the Elks shack was charging downstream like Victoria Falls. :shaky: Doubt I could see anything even if they were in. Didn't check Middleboro but I'm sure it's going full.tilt. 

Do you think the heavy flow holds them back? I'm ignorant of how the herring runs work. I've never paid close attention or visited more than a couple times ever. 

Others more expert in river herring can comment. But as far as I've seen they show up when they show up regardless of how heavy the flow is. I've seen tons of herring entering the ladder at Middleboro after battling very heavy current. It may slow them down a little, but doesn't stop them.

Pfantum Pfishah