Active duty AF member sets himself on fire

Rate this topic

TimS

58 mins ago, chunk said:

The Air Force is setting themself ablaze in my traffic ticket case down here.  Maybe the good ole boys club has become a pool of inbreds.  They say that inbreds lack in genetic diversity causing mental and physical health issues.  Maybe it was of the failure to adhere to the diversity training manual in the book The protocols of the leading elders of psychiatry. It states that diversity means no inbreeding and inbreeding is bad.  

For those who have served and will serve that have done right and have attempted to do right my hat's off to you.

So, go Army beat AF?

8 hours ago, phishallways said:

The beginning of a movement, maybe.

A single person doing it would be rejected as "sick" and
that two people doing it would be rejected as "******s", but once
three people started doing it they would begin to suspect "an organization" and
50 people a day would be recognized as a movement.

4 hours ago, JimP said:

Dude was probably one burger short of a happy meal and starting his transition to become "they/Them" anyways.   

I wish Frank* was still around so I could poke him about the Air Force.  

I loved frank lol

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

3 hours ago, charloots said:

Nobody will know his name in a week, max. You ever hear of any of these people?

On November 2, 1965, Norman Morrison, a devout Quaker and ardent pacifist, drove from Baltimore to Washington and burned himself to death at the Pentagon, at a spot estimated to be 40 to 100 feet from the window of Robert S. McNamara, then Secretary of Defense and one of the chief American prosecutors of the war. Shortly before his death, he wrote to his wife, "For weeks even months I have been praying only that I be shown what I must do. This morning with no warning I was shown. . . . Know that I love thee but must act. . . ." 3 Morrison took his baby daughter, Emily, along with him and held her in his arms as he prepared for his act. Somehow--accounts differ as to how it happened--she was separated from her father before the flames engulfed him and she emerged entirely unharmed, though her clothing smelled strongly of the kerosene with which Morrison had soaked himself. 4

There were others who burned themselves to death during the war in Vietnam. The venerable Buddhist monk Thich Quang Duc was the first. On June 11, 1963, [End Page 127] at a downtown crossroads in Saigon, he sat in the lotus posture and, in a state of meditative control, burned himself to death in protest of the Diem regime's repression of the Buddhist religion. Many Vietnamese Buddhist monks and nuns followed his example; I do not know all their names, or exactly how many they were.

In America, to my knowledge, eight people burned themselves to death during the war. Two were Quakers: Norman Morrison and Alice Herz. Roger LaPorte, a former Trappist seminarian who had become a Catholic worker, burned himself to death one week after Norman Morrison. The others were: Hiroko Hayasaki, a Japanese-American Buddhist; Erik Thoen, a student of Zen Buddhism; another university student, George Winne; a high school student, Ronald Brazee; and Florence Beaumont, described as a "housewife." A number of others attempted self-immolation but survived.

Good toasts! 

how lucky am i

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

5 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

I loved frank lol

Same here, God bless him. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

35 mins ago, BlueHwy said:

A single person doing it would be rejected as "sick" and
that two people doing it would be rejected as "******s", but once
three people started doing it they would begin to suspect "an organization" and
50 people a day would be recognized as a movement.

50 * a day torching themselves would be awesome! 

Edited by TimS
politics

how lucky am i

7 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

Vietnamese Monk who doused himself with gas and just sat there while he burned. 

image.jpeg.14d69710505c1af57efe144f47eaa8a3.jpeg

I've seen that one somewhere before...and it horrified me that someone could just there silently and burn to death...I wouldn't have thought it humanly possible.

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

I honestly wish I didn't see the video and hear his last screams. Pisses me off. He threw his whole existence away and died an absolutely horrific death for what? Nothing. 

This will change nothing. Ugh. His last screams are going to stick in my head for a bit. Yuck.

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

13 mins ago, Mokes said:

I honestly wish I didn't see the video and hear his last screams. Pisses me off. He threw his whole existence away and died an absolutely horrific death for what? Nothing. 

This will change nothing. Ugh. His last screams are going to stick in my head for a bit. Yuck.

Just imagine they’re  from Frank and go to bed with a smile.  

17 mins ago, Mokes said:

There's a video that's not edited ?

how lucky am i