Active duty AF member sets himself on fire

Rate this topic

TimS

8 mins ago, HopHead said:

Disappointing is being nice.....he doesn't know how to tell the truth.

He’s trying to appease his leftwingers with rhetoric and it doesn’t seem to be helping much 

Hopefully he doesn’t start appeasing with actions 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

1 min ago, Heron25 said:

No idea.  But it led to him lighting himself on fire for a **** cause.  

Pretty sure there's no helping someone willing to go the route of autocremation/self-immolation for a cause like this one 1000s of miles away from affecting you one iota.

Diversity makes us stronger!

35 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

I heard Joe Biden parroting Hamas Propaganda the other day 

take it to the PG Corky. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

4 mins ago, HopHead said:

Pretty sure there's no helping someone willing to go the route of autocremation/self-immolation for a cause like this one 1000s of miles away from affecting you one iota.

we'll never know. 

If the devil can't beat you down, he'll try and wear you down.  

12 mins ago, mybeach said:

I gotta believe the brain only allows that pain for a short while before it disconnects the circuits.

That was not my experience. What I was told is the only thing that could lesson the pain is if the burns were so severe and deep they destroyed the nerves that send pain signals to the brain. For that reason 2nd degree burns could sometimes be more panful than some 3rd degree burns. I can't imagine this was anything but a horrific and painful way to die.

9 mins ago, Great Egg said:

Should the US military take steps to determine mental illness among their members?  Regards, GE

yes, because if he was deployed he certainly would have turned against his platoon.  

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

1 hour ago, MikeMc said:

Talk is cheap.

so is Dug! 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

32 mins ago, TACKLE JUNKIE said:

That was not my experience. What I was told is the only thing that could lesson the pain is if the burns were so severe and deep they destroyed the nerves that send pain signals to the brain. For that reason 2nd degree burns could sometimes be more panful than some 3rd degree burns. I can't imagine this was anything but a horrific and painful way to die.

I remember a few years ago there was a story about a Russian girl who was out camping. Apparently a circus had gone out of business and just released it's animals into the wild. One was a brown bear that had some kind of harness around it's head that was not removed. Seems the bear kept growing but the harness didn't and put the bear in real bad pain. It attacked this girl who called her mother screaming that the bear was eating her legs. The call ended with the mother going crazy calling the police to tell them what was happening and where he daughter said she was camping. The daughter managed to call back to tell her mother not to feel sad because the bear was still eating her but she could no longer feel any pain. Police finally found her remains and the bear still feeding and killed it. The owner of the circus is still in prison. I guess the brain can cut off pain signals.