Springfield Sportsmen's Show

Rate this topic

b-ware

I've never been to that show. I've heard good things about it in the past, but nothing recently. My plan at the moment has RI/Providence Saltwater Show being the only show on my to do list. But I could be swayed....how is this show in terms of fishing?

6 hours ago, albacized said:

I've never been to that show. I've heard good things about it in the past, but nothing recently. My plan at the moment has RI/Providence Saltwater Show being the only show on my to do list. But I could be swayed....how is this show in terms of fishing?

It's a little bit of everything but not a whole lot of anything...............

Went this afternoon, all and all a pretty decent show.  Lots of fresh water tackle and a fair amount of salt water tackle also.  Spent some time with Bill Hurley and his plastics rval anything on the market and are a lot more reasonably priced.............

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

Went this afternoon, all and all a pretty decent show.  Lots of fresh water tackle and a fair amount of salt water tackle also.  Spent some time with Bill Hurley and his plastics rval anything on the market and are a lot more reasonably priced.............

Bernie did you see anything really new and exciting or will that happen at RISSA nothing big lately for sure.

11 hours ago, K Foley said:

Bernie did you see anything really new and exciting or will that happen at RISSA nothing big lately for sure.

I did not see anything really  earth shattering,, but I like Bill Hurley's paddle tails alot, especially for the canal.  They are about 5" long on a 3-4 +5oz. bullet nose jig head, heavy duty forget hook and a thick round body.  Priced a lot less than Al Gag's or Savage.

My brother was supposed to work the Turkey Federation booth yesterday but ended up taking his wife away for the weekend. I haven't been for years but was thinking about heading down. Didn't make it.

Would've liked to see Bill. It's been a few years.

I'll have mine on the rocks.