Daiwa Tournament Ballistic Surf Rods

Rate this topic

SCStriper

Daiwa did the ballistics right. The 3 piece in these fishes just as good if not better than most other 1 or 2 piece rods whether they be 50/50 60/40 or 70/30 in my opinion. Most of my experience with them comes from 8+ and bait fishing with the 35-405 and 40-405 for Cobia and drum

3 hours ago, justafisher said:

I have a 35 and it’s very light for such a strong rod . It starts loading around 6 ounces . 3 piece isn’t an issue as it locks up so tight yet comes apart very easy . I also have the 9ft two pieces , it throw 1/2 to 3 very well . 

is that the middle weight blank?

I have a 35 and it’s very light for such a strong rod . It starts loading around 6 ounces . 3 piece isn’t an issue as it locks up so tight yet comes apart very easy . I also have the 9ft two pieces , it throw 1/2 to 3 very well . 

I have a 35 and it’s very light for such a strong rod . It starts loading around 6 ounces . 3 piece isn’t an issue as it locks up so tight yet comes apart very easy . I also have the 9ft two pieces , it throw 1/2 to 3 very well . Isa

3 piece ?

I have a Daiwa TNBA27-325G Tournament Ballistic Surf Rod - 10 ft. 6 in. rated 2 - 6 oz, but mine is two piece and it's my favorite plugging rod, just in front of my Century Slingshot.

71doofzfWQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

58 mins ago, SCStriper said:

is that the middle weight blank?

36 mins ago, justafisher said:

Yes it is . It’s very stiff . I would have gone with the 33 if I had known how stiff it was . And I use it for sharks . 

What do you think about using a vs250 with 40lb maxquarto?

A 33 or 35 is not stiff by all means. 
Just means you haven’t played much with heavers. :laugh:

when you get to 40 then it starts getting stiff. 

and when you finally get up to the 47 rating sundowner. Which isn’t avail here.  That rod rivals UK beachcasters. 

Edited by EricL

haters will always hate. trolls will always troll. its how the internet works.

54 mins ago, EricL said:

and when you finally get up to the 47 rating sundowner. Which isn’t avail here.  That rod rivals UK beachcasters. 

No I haven’t played with as many stiff rods as you have . :  )

He wants to throw jigs and metals , I wouldn’t call that heaver territory.

1 hour ago, EricL said:

1 hour ago, EricL said:

What do you mean by 33, 35, 40?

The red blanks/rods used the numbers 33, 35 and 40 to designate the three models offered in the US (33 being the softest and 40 being the stiffest).  The numbers have been replaced with HF, XHF and XXHF with the current offerings (blue/gray blanks/rods) for the US.  The models offered in Japan are much broader in terms of lengths and power ratings.

Note:  This applies to the three piece versions only.

Edited by stu rat
Added note about 3 piece versions

5 hours ago, stu rat said:

The red blanks/rods used the numbers 33, 35 and 40 to designate the three models offered in the US (33 being the softest and 40 being the stiffest).  The numbers have been replaced with HF, XHF and XXHF with the current offerings (blue/gray blanks/rods) for the US.  The models offered in Japan are much broader in terms of lengths and power ratings.

thanks for the info