Relief band - does it work?

Rate this topic

NJTramcar

2 hours ago, Jim McFeeley said:

I never have but supposedly it relies on a pressure point the say.... that seems risky to me... Iv never gotten sick when taking Bonnine the night before and then again in morning. 

I take Bonine too and never had an issue.  I keep seeing this device and it states it can also cure motion sickness.  We do a work charter a few times each year and I was thinking of bringing it on the occasions we have someone sick.

Can't say if it really worked. It has to be worn well before the trip and kept it on. I bought it when I went offshore fishing because I was getting sick. Maybe it worked, maybe I got use to the waves. It was like $10 thing at CVS. Dramamine made me sleepy. 

9 hours ago, foxfai said:

Can't say if it really worked. It has to be worn well before the trip and kept it on. I bought it when I went offshore fishing because I was getting sick. Maybe it worked, maybe I got use to the waves. It was like $10 thing at CVS. Dramamine made me sleepy. 

Thank you.  I have tried that band and it does work for me and others.

image.jpeg.de2b5158a2d30fffdf1738b99aea559a.jpeg

I am asking about the Relief Band that you have to apply a gel under the bead.  This one goes for around $100 - $200.

image.jpeg.2785799e14fae87f10429f1f592d0118.jpeg

2 hours ago, NightStripper said:

I have tried the relief band . It didn’t work for me . I agree with the others about the Bonine though , better than Dramamine in my experience .

Agreed,  Bonine makes you less sleepy and seems to last longer.

3 hours ago, NJTramcar said:

Thank you.  I have tried that band and it does work for me and others.

image.jpeg.de2b5158a2d30fffdf1738b99aea559a.jpeg

I am asking about the Relief Band that you have to apply a gel under the bead.  This one goes for around $100 - $200.

image.jpeg.2785799e14fae87f10429f1f592d0118.jpeg

The electric one doesn't work for my friend. He have severe seasick and bought this hoping it would work but didn't. Now he's on some Australian sea sick meds (I can find out the name) that doesn't make him drowsy. 

20 hours ago, NJTramcar said:

Has anyone tried the relief band that is supposed to prevent and/or treat seasickness and motion sickness?

Yes went on a cruise few years ago the ship was rocking a good 10-12 ft I ended up having to use 2 bands one on each wrist but after putting them on I didn’t feel sick for the rest of the cruise , I definitely know they helped me out 

I had a customer who rep the product. He gave several women at work who had horrible morning sickness a relief band. The women said the band lessened am sickness dramatically. I know a couple of fisherman from sport boats whoswear by them. This is going back ten years. I don’t know if it is the same product. Give it a shot. Beats sea sickness

I have never tried it but looking it up its just based on stimulating the "P6 acupuncture point". A bunch of studies tried it for motion sickness and couldn't find any benefit. Seems to be more effective for people recovering from post-op medical issues and things of that nature. You can self stimulate to see if it helps before buying this:

1. Position your hand so that your fingers are pointing up and your palm is facing you.
  2. Place the first 3 fingers of your other hand across your wrist. Your fingers should be placed just below your wrist crease (where your wrist bends).
  3. Place your thumb just below your index (pointer) finger. Remove the 3 fingers from your wrist but keep your thumb on that spot. Use your thumb to press down on the spot. You should be able to feel 2 large tendons (tissue that connects muscles to bones) in between your thumb. This spot in between the 2 tendons is pressure point P-6.
    • Once you have found the pressure point, you can relax your hand and keep it in a comfortable position. Press down on this point with your thumb. Move your thumb in a circle while applying pressure. You can move it in clockwise (to the right) or counterclockwise (to the left) circles. Do this for 2 to 3 minutes.
      • Some people may find it hard to use their thumb. You can use your index finger instead.
      • Be firm when applying pressure, but do not press so hard that it hurts. You may feel some aching or tenderness, but it should not be painful. If you feel any pain, you’re pressing down too hard.

7 hours ago, NJTramcar said:

Thanks all.  I was hoping I could have it with us when someone gets sick.  I appreciate the reviews.

If that is what you are looking to do,try this stuff.  It works quick.  Gave some to a guy on a PB a couple of years ago.  He was pretty close to getting sick.  He was fine fr the rest of the trip.  I have had the same results as well.

zentrip.jpg