Squid Patterns

Rate this topic

gonfishin

I recently came across many postings and articles , along with patterns imitating squid in the northeast. So i tried tying some patterns and have really enjoyed doing it.... has anyone had  any  success with any particular patterns . Also wondering if guys fish squid patterns when squid aren't present ...thanks for the input.

gonefishin,

Capt Ray, local to RI and posts on this forum, can give you details on this squid fly that he designed.    A great fly and easy to make.

HT

1.jpg.3a9c0d8f52c660edd88daa714d2c0baf.jpg

Edited by HillTop

Currently have aphasia.    Aphasia is a result of my head stroke causing a bleed.   Happened in my Maine vacation in July (2021).   Lucky me less than 1% of people get stroke aphasia.  :(      I'm making project but have been told this is easily 5 months to 1 year for this to improve.   Until then hope you don't mind making sense with what I text.   HT

On 2/17/2024 at 12:11 PM, HillTop said:

gonefishin,

Capt Ray, local to RI and posts on this forum, can give you details on this squid fly that he designed.    A great fly and easy to make.

HT

1.jpg.3a9c0d8f52c660edd88daa714d2c0baf.jpg

Thank you for the  pattern...is that  tied with  rabbit zonked strips and cross cut rabbit 

10 mins ago, gonfishin said:

Thank you for the  pattern...is that  tied with  rabbit zonked strips and cross cut rabbit 

Yes,   you got it ~

Currently have aphasia.    Aphasia is a result of my head stroke causing a bleed.   Happened in my Maine vacation in July (2021).   Lucky me less than 1% of people get stroke aphasia.  :(      I'm making project but have been told this is easily 5 months to 1 year for this to improve.   Until then hope you don't mind making sense with what I text.   HT

Super simple little impressionistic squid about 3 and 3 1/2 inches. Bucktail and saddles first, palmer body of some white/silver stuff from Michael's it's like long fiber chenille. Finished with trimmed white deer hair and googly eyes all on a 1/0 O'Shaughnessy hook.

Capture+_2024-02-21-11-19-41.jpg

Edited by saltyh2ofly
Picture edit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...