*** has anyone tried the mustad g series surf rods ??????

Rate this topic

tu1952

• tu1952 changed the title to *** has anyone tried the mustad g series surf rods ??????

I didn't even know Mustad made surf rods.

*and yes I know they probably don't "Make" them they source them from a Chinese vender but you know what I mean. I probably should have said I didn't know Mustad sold surf rods.

Edited by TACKLE JUNKIE

20 hours ago, EricDice said:

Hope they don’t have anything yellow on those surf poles. 

Once had the autocorrect change it from Mustad to mustard. Can’t “unsee” it now!

why not a mustard surf rod,,, do you prefer lavender?,,,, Lol

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

10 hours ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

China can and does produce some nice gear.

explore the rod you want,,,, it will be an experience for you.

HH

Yes, I agree that China produces some really excellent rods.

In fact, when you see the high quality of some of some of them you really have to ask yourself if the expensive gear is really that much better.

Lately, I’m thinking the pricey stuff won’t  perform significantly better, for me, than the imported gear I can get for a fraction of the cost.

At least not the way I fish.

I’m just a hack and don’t have the skills to take advantage of cutting edge gear.

Besides, I’ve always been a “best bang for your buck” kind of consumer anyway and enjoy having success with more reasonably priced equipment and gear.

12 hours ago, valentine said:

Yes, I agree that China produces some really excellent rods.

In fact, when you see the high quality of some of some of them you really have to ask yourself if the expensive gear is really that much better.

Lately, I’m thinking the pricey stuff won’t  perform significantly better, for me, than the imported gear I can get for a fraction of the cost.

At least not the way I fish.

I’m just a hack and don’t have the skills to take advantage of cutting edge gear.

Besides, I’ve always been a “best bang for your buck” kind of consumer anyway and enjoy having success with more reasonably priced equipment and gear.

Oh yeah, I get it.

I ask myself all the time, would a century rod outcast anything close or equal to it?

It can't be that easy.

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

So, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to search the internet for reviews on Mustad rods.

I did find some reviews and they were all fairly positive for the rods selling at full price.

So I figured at half price, they’ve gotta be okay.

I went onto the Mustad site and picked out a rod to try.

Sure enough it was 50% off with free shipping.

I put it in my cart and a window opened up offering me a code for an additional discount so I entered the code.

Unfortunately I got a message that the additional discount would not apply to the item in my cart which was already 50% off.

It made sense to me but then I remembered that when I logged into the site I got another pop up offering me 25% off my first order if I signed up for email notifications, which I did.

I checked my email and they sent me a code which I entered and sure enough, I received another 25% off the total.

I ended up ordering a couple more rods, telling myself “how bad can they be at this price.”

Anyway, I  just figured I’d let you all know that the prices are pretty good at 50% off but they can be even better if you sign up for their email notification.

So, inexpensive new rods for all !

Cheers!

On 2/18/2024 at 11:24 AM, valentine said:

We think alike. The only time I'll buy expensive or high end gear is when it's on clearance/closeout.

i just took advantage of the 50% off plus another 25% off for signing up for mustad news and got a $170 rod for $65.  we'll see how the rod is, but for an extra rod, how bad could it be?

1 hour ago, srm413 said:

i just took advantage of the 50% off plus another 25% off for signing up for mustad news and got a $170 rod for $65.  we'll see how the rod is, but for an extra rod, how bad could it be?

I agree completely; “how bad can it be?”

In reality, I haven’t seen any truly terrible rods in that price range for some time.

Pretty much everything I’ve handled will give good service for what I need it to do.

I’d be shocked if these Mustad rods aren’t at least in the pretty good category and I’m really hoping that we’ll all be pleasantly surprised at how good they really are.

3 mins ago, valentine said:

I agree completely; “how bad can it be?”

In reality, I haven’t seen any truly terrible rods in that price range for some time.

Pretty much everything I’ve handled will give good service for what I need it to do.

I’d be shocked if these Mustad rods aren’t at least in the pretty good category and I’m really hoping that we’ll all be pleasantly surprised at how good they really are.

thanks for the "heads up"!