Jump to content

Proposed $15.00 congestion fee for driving into Boston??

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

8 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

Who voted for these people?????? Build more bike lanes, cut down on outdoor dining in the north end, claim snow plowing is 'gender biased". It's like they are trying to derail everything good going on in the city. 

Boston is screwed.

 

 

My wife and I had this exact same discussion last night, almost verbatim.  How can reasonable people even think along these lines?

The Sultan of Sluggo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about, build a recreation center for inner-city kids.  A place where they can go after school to shoot hoops, get homework help, and interact with positive role models.   Then turn around and tell them to screw, we are going to house "migrants" there instead.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want to be in charge of the collectioon.... no chance for graft there.... I'm going into boston for a doctors appointment.... cant depend on the T..... It must be a wooo thing.... want a congestion charge to drive through Middleboro

 

Missing Wilmington Vermont but loving the Ditch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 mins ago, Jeff270 said:

How about, build a recreation center for inner-city kids.  A place where they can go after school to shoot hoops, get homework help, and interact with positive role models.   Then turn around and tell them to screw, we are going to house "migrants" there instead.

I almost added that to my post. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These idiots created the congestion by eliminating driving lanes for cars and replacing them with bus only and bike lanes. There are less people commuting into the city than there has been in years yet the traffic is jammed up worse than ever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 mins ago, bdowning said:

What I find hilarious is that this is theoretically supposed to dissuade people from driving in and encourage them to use a completely broken, bankrupt public transit system?  :laugh:

Meanwhile the T had a massive power outage yesterday. Everyday there is some new crisis with it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 mins ago, z-man said:

These idiots created the congestion by eliminating driving lanes for cars and replacing them with bus only and bike lanes. There are less people commuting into the city than there has been in years yet the traffic is jammed up worse than ever. 

I will give a strong second on that - not from the Boston area but drive a TT dump trailer and have been hauling out of Everett to various DPW locations around the area - what a PIA - between bus/bike routes and construction it sucks. Thursday 48 mins to go 10 miles on I-93 trying to get back in for another load - and I don't get paid by the hour - by load & milage - makes for a long day.

 

Speaking of I-93 - I saw Pope John Paul II Park , Neponset River Recreation- is that water any good for stripers & kayak launch ?

Edited by Montana_Mac
"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bob_G said:

My wife and I had this exact same discussion last night, almost verbatim.  How can reasonable people even think along these lines?

This was brought up by the the Boston City Counsel AKA Clown Show. Boston residents should get charged $50 to cross the Canal that will probably have tolls when the new bridges i completed around 2099. One will Markey Bridge and the other Liz Warren flyover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some Context, I'm noticing a pattern where Mass likes to play this game of Monkey-See-Monkey-Do 

California makes safe injection sites and homeless encampments, now we have to do it.
California talks about reparations and seeks to pass laws to use taxpayer money to do it. Now we have to do it.
NYC starts taking in Migrants, giving them taxpayer money to feed them and give them housing, taking away rec space for kids. Now we have to do it. 

NYC just passed the same thing a few months back, because NIMBY's think it's not right that people who live outside the city and don't pay city taxes frequently aren't paying their fair share. They say it's to make the environment better, but we all know that's bull**** and a lie. Now we, have to do it.

The difference between NYC and Boston is one major thing: They have at least a somewhat reliable transportation system that is going to expand even more over the next 3 years that is funded by the state. Boston? LMAO, welp, we all know how bad the MBTA is here and how limited access it is, on top of it being completely private run and falling apart because of it. 

The part that kills me the most is this isn't the commuter's fault at all. If Boston had put pressure on towns and worked on zoning better over the course of the last 50-70 years, there wouldn't be a lack of housing and places for people to WANT to live inner city. Now, all the NIMBY's and Boomers who were very happy taking taxpayer money for decades, are upset the AG is threatening them, coming in and using commonwealth law to try and expand the regions in which the MBTA can pass through and fixing zoning to make more space for SFH and apartment units. 

IMO, both the towns and the AG both have the right to be upset. Towns because their way of living they have been allowed to have for so long is under fire (and all the taxpayer money they got for it and the AG saying she is going to take it away). The State because these towns and the NIMBYism and Boomers for being selfish and not realizing part of the reason we are in this mess is because of them refusing to allow expansion where it needs to be. 

Ultimately, something has to give, and sadly, we all get to pay for it now as commuters because of poor Mass oversight, planning, infrastructure, zoning. Either way, it's another **** sandwich we all get to eat because no one here can play nice and help each other out or be reasonable, both citizens and politicians. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 mins ago, Montana_Mac said:

I will give a strong second on that - not from the Boston area but drive a TT dump trailer and have been hauling out of Everett to various DPW locations around the area - what a PIA - between bus/bike routes and construction it sucks. Thursday 48 mins to go 10 miles on I-93 trying to get back in for another load - and I don't get paid by the hour - by load & milage - makes for a long day.

 

Speaking of I-93 - I saw Pope John Paul II Park , Neponset River Recreation- is that water any good for stripers & kayak launch ?

I’ve driven by there hundreds of times on 93 and don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone fishing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 mins ago, z-man said:

These idiots created the congestion by eliminating driving lanes for cars and replacing them with bus only and bike lanes. There are less people commuting into the city than there has been in years yet the traffic is jammed up worse than ever. 

 

Actually, a lot of the congestion nowadays is being caused by Uber & Lyft. I started working in the Seaport district in '07. I now work near North Station so I'm quite familiar with driving during rush hour on the Pike, 93 & Storrow drive. There's been a noticeable uptick of cars in & around downtown, and many of them have Uber or Lyft signs in their windshields.

 

And I see a lot of people on their own bikes or the Blue bikes so bikers get cars off the road.

 

And don't get me started on Uber Eats or the other food driving services. I work out at a Boston Sports Club. There's a neighborhood near my gym where it's a bunch of restaurants. If I go to the gym after work, then head home around 7pm, it's a pain in the arse to get out of that neighborhood because the street has cars double parked on both sides because Uber eats drivers are clogged up the road as they double park to pick up their delivery.

 

image.png.ac1ae6bda9e3f53a869240b12b972331.png

Edited by zak-striper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 mins ago, K Foley said:

This was brought up by the the Boston City Counsel AKA Clown Show. Boston residents should get charged $50 to cross the Canal that will probably have tolls when the new bridges i completed around 2099. One will Markey Bridge and the other Liz Warren flyover.

All the surrounding towns should charge the Boston residents whenever they leave the city. If this fee does go through I hope businesses pull out of the city. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...