Jump to content

Upcoming Florida Trip

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

I will be heading down to Florida on Saturday for a 2-week visit with friends and family.  We will be on the Gulf side in Punta Gorda and Bonita Springs.  I plan to fish Charlotte Harbor estuary twice with a fishing guide I have fished with for 15+ years.  He never fails to put me/us on the fish.  I will also be fishing saltwater canals and small lakes/large ponds.  I will try to post reports and pics as I go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, CrappieAttitude said:

I will be heading down to Florida on Saturday for a 2-week visit with friends and family.  We will be on the Gulf side in Punta Gorda and Bonita Springs.  I plan to fish Charlotte Harbor estuary twice with a fishing guide I have fished with for 15+ years.  He never fails to put me/us on the fish.  I will also be fishing saltwater canals and small lakes/large ponds.  I will try to post reports and pics as I go.

Make the time to go to the Bokeelia pier on north end of Pine Island , more fish there than anywhere, worth the trip. 1hour

IMG_0777.jpeg

IMG_0871.jpeg

IMG_2352.jpeg

IMG_2422.jpeg

IMG_2394.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Canals suck for fishing.  And the further from open water, the worse.  No current.  Get to some more open water.  The beaches, the passes.  The south end of Gasparilla Island could be good off the beach.  Boca Grande Pass is right there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 mins ago, Mummichog said:

Canals suck for fishing.  And the further from open water, the worse.  No current.  Get to some more open water.  The beaches, the passes.  The south end of Gasparilla Island could be good off the beach.  Boca Grande Pass is right there.  

Thanks for the suggestions - I have fished this canal for 15+ years and have hade decent success - slot redfish, 25 inch snook, keeper sheepshead and mangrove snapper.  Heading out with a guide Friday morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 mins ago, CrappieAttitude said:

Thanks for the suggestions - I have fished this canal for 15+ years and have hade decent success - slot redfish, 25 inch snook, keeper sheepshead and mangrove snapper.  Heading out with a guide Friday morning.

 

That's actually not too bad.  How's the current and how far are you from open water.  If you have decent current and are close to bigger water, a chum bag could get you a little more action.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mummichog said:

 

That's actually not too bad.  How's the current and how far are you from open water.  If you have decent current and are close to bigger water, a chum bag could get you a little more action.  

Current is so-so and we are about 1 mile from Charlotte Harbor 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...