More of this please

Rate this topic

slowroller

Hadn't heard of this brand Ineos, but this looks pretty interesting: inline 6, triple locked, true utility vehicle. 

Screenshot2024-02-11at12_21_48PM.png.04eecdd5777f45d57c0259c6df34fe53.png

This configuration runs about 85k. 

I think this is brilliant.  It bums me out that the car manufacturers moved away from utility vehicles for the most part in favor of grocery getters and kid haulers.

There’s a guy in town that flips Toyota Land Cruisers, think all late 70’s-early 80’s.  He’s got a couple soft tops out on the lawn right now.  Haven’t stopped to check them out, afraid I might need one.  

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

I like it. Be sweet if you lived in the outback or africa and spent 100% of your time off road. But there'll still be people that drive it around town here.....all 85k of it for a utility vehicle. :laugh:

why do the same guys put assbaby crap in the tavern on a daily basis?

3 mins ago, JimW said:

There’s a guy in town that flips Toyota Land Cruisers, think all late 70’s-early 80’s.  He’s got a couple soft tops out on the lawn right now.  Haven’t stopped to check them out, afraid I might need one.  

The 60 and 70 series are some of my favorite vehicles. It's astonishing what the collector market has done to prices on them though. 

I'm in the planning stages for an adventure vehicle for fishing/camping trips since Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Utah are within pretty easy reach. I don't want to go the sprinter route as they have some big drawbacks in my opinion. If I had the scratch, I'd import an Australian 70 series troop carrier. 

6 mins ago, HopHead said:

I like it. Be sweet if you lived in the outback or africa and spent 100% of your time off road. But there'll still be people that drive it around town here.....all 85k of it for a utility vehicle. :laugh:

I'd wager that 90% of the overlanders I see never have never left pavement. I laugh to myself every time I see a 4runner or similar with a permanent rooftop tent that looks like it's never been used. Those things have to crush your gas mileage. 

Don't think I'd want to use the Ineos as a daily driver, but it sure looks like it would make a hell of a back country vehicle. 

37 mins ago, JimW said:

Had a 73 land cruiser with a chevy 350

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

15 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

Had a 73 land cruiser with a chevy 350

Couple guys I used to hang with way back hoarded bodies and parts for years.  Only heard of one getting put together but apparently it was the tits. 

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

Tacomas are just as capable for half the price 

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

5 mins ago, giant basshole said:

Looks like a copy of a Land Rover defender 110 . By far the most capable off road vehicle i ever four wheeled in.

Did a little bit of reading and it pretty much is just that, Ineos tried to buy the tooling from Land Rover after the model was retired, but LR wouldn’t play ball, so they designed it as the next gen defender 110. Hopefully it won’t have the mechanical issues the LR’s have. 

15 mins ago, JimW said:

Couple guys I used to hang with way back hoarded bodies and parts for years.  Only heard of one getting put together but apparently it was the tits. 

It's just 'tits', as in Tits Mahonie.

343 Deus Vult John 3:16

Pog Mo Lilly White Thoin

7 mins ago, Mokes said:

Tacomas are just as capable for half the price 

My wife’s Subaru Outback is just as capable as the Tacoma and has more horsepower. Having owned 2 tacomas, I much prefer an SUV for this application.