These may be the most destroyed mower blades ever...

Rate this topic

EricJ

of at least the worst that I have ever seen. My neighbor has no clue what he is doing. I was hearing him and his wife run over some rocks in the past. He asked me to help him change his mower blades. Not because he know what condition these were in, but because someone told him to get mulching blades. I needed a breaker bar to get them off of the mower deck.

This is what I found...

What do you think? Worst you have ever seen?

mowerblades.jpg.1789ac4e41a37a262628b7b796aec399.jpg

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

43 mins ago, EricJ said:

of at least the worst that I have ever seen. My neighbor has no clue what he is doing. I was hearing him and his wife run over some rocks in the past. He asked me to help him change his mower blades. Not because he know what condition these were in, but because someone told him to get mulching blades. I needed a breaker bar to get them off of the mower deck.

This is what I found...

That’s insane. I hear employees mowing campground at one of the lakes I fish and it sounds like a gravel truck dumping a load. I always wondered how the blades looked. Never would have guessed they could get that bad. 

51 mins ago, EricJ said:

This is what I found...

They will be fine, tell him.

Those blades are as mulched as they get.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

I wouldn't worry about it.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

9 mins ago, charloots said:

Seen worse. Ace Hardware will clean them up and sharpen them while you wait for ten bucks. 

I bet they are three inches shorter than they are supposed to be :laugh: 

Definitely the worst I've ever seen...if I hit even a root while mowing I hit the blade up with the grinder and put a proper edge back on it before I mow next time :bucktooth:

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

In college I did landscaping for work. We used to do Cheshire academy.  Foreshadowing incident with my kid but it’s a rich school. People looked down on me and my coworker big time. So one time I’m mowing, ( one those big scag mowers) and I hit a rock. I hear it and I’m like damn. I look to the right and off in the distance some Brad grabs his back and goes down. I just dipped to the next field.  

3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

In college I did landscaping for work. We used to do Cheshire academy.  Foreshadowing incident with my kid but it’s a rich school. People looked down on me and my coworker big time. So one time I’m mowing, ( one those big scag mowers) and I hit a rock. I hear it and I’m like damn. I look to the right and off in the distance some Brad grabs his back and goes down. I just dipped to the next field.  

They did some tests on Mythbusters and established that rocks and mowers - particularly industrial mowers - can be fatal. They put some impressive holes in plywood :eek:

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

12 mins ago, TimS said:

They did some tests on Mythbusters and established that rocks and mowers - particularly industrial mowers - can be fatal. They put some impressive holes in plywood :eek:

My Ex (Lazy Ass) neighbor found out the hard way not to try and unclog the discharge chute with your hand. He eff’d up two fingers that looked like they were splayed open. Even dull blades still work, for stupid people.

6 mins ago, Patrick9915 said:

Almost lost my eye to a weed whacker. Wear safety glasses! 

Same topic but just use the right side and it shoots away from you.  Learned that because I wanted to wear shorts while landscaping in the summer.