February/March Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

Pictures of Stripers are discouraged since they hinder a quick release and at times reveal a specific spot.

Do not direct viewers to any beach camera sites.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

Went out this morning for a recon/fishing mission. Drove/walked 30 miles casting and observing the beach for changes from winter storms and the ever ongoing beach replenishment. Started out front drove north worked my way out back where I left the rod In the car. No fish (exactly as I figured) but lots of new intell and areas to fish come spring. Enjoy the game all March 1st is around the corner and the run not far behind.

2 hours ago, jerseystriper said:

Have no reports but with yesterday being nice took a beach walk for the fresh air and to hunt for plugs- found none but beach replacement is underway at little Monmouth- looks like the heading north form there and how far I don’t know. Sandy hook line?

IMG_1277.mov 46.06 MB · 5 downloads  

I only found one plug this year. That video makes me sad. They're ruining the aquatic ecosystem and they don't care. They're all about about green this and green that when all they really care about is greenbacks.

19 hours ago, jerseystriper said:

Have no reports but with yesterday being nice took a beach walk for the fresh air and to hunt for plugs- found none but beach replacement is underway at little Monmouth- looks like the heading north form there and how far I don’t know. Sandy hook line?

IMG_1277.mov 46.06 MB · 13 downloads  

The Army Corp of Environment Destruction:dismay:

1 hour ago, Mr.Belmar said:

They are also dredging and dumping just north of their army camp area in somoco… the beach now looks 3 times as long to the water 

This I did not know. Are they moving north or south?

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

2 hours ago, JimK said:

This I did not know. Are they moving north or south?

I havnt looked in a week or two, but it’s my understanding that it’s the area from the army camp north to somewhere around where the boardwalk starts. So I believe it’s only a couple of blocks… but those were some of my fav! 

6 hours ago, Mr.Belmar said:

I havnt looked in a week or two, but it’s my understanding that it’s the area from the army camp north to somewhere around where the boardwalk starts. So I believe it’s only a couple of blocks… but those were some of my fav! 

Damn….yes, a lot of good structure. Sucks. 

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

6 hours ago, gameover said:

this looks promising: 

Hell yeah lol!

Free bait baby, and nice looking one too!

Think they’re up in the river too!

Been seeing pods of baitfish, thought maybe they were gizzard shad or Young of the year herring! Going to have to try the net some now to see what they are!