Critical Atlantic Ocean current system is showing early signs of collapse, prompting warning from scientists

Rate this topic

foxfai

1 hour ago, Lou T said:

I like Ben's idea and believe human sacrifice might be the answer we're all looking for!

Keep taking corrupt senators and congressmen; hell they don't even have to be corrupt. Just grab the useless ones and toss them into a volcano somewhere...

Philippines GIFChildren Of The Corn Sacrifice GIF by Shudder

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

1 hour ago, Fisherman888 said:

Yeah he really doesn’t understand much how science works. It’s bull**** to him if he doesn’t agree with it based on his expert knowledge or “common sense”. Above he equated climate scientists with people who believe in the Mayan calendar. He’s not even close to being serious. 

Slow your roll here…. Politics, religion and money have interfered with science though out history. While science itself is pure, people are practicing “science”. People are fallible.

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

11 mins ago, phishallways said:

Slow your roll here…. Politics, religion and money have interfered with science though out history. While science itself is pure, people are practicing “science”. People are fallible.

Of course, but it’s really biased when you don’t like the results. 

(*member formerly known as 'Robert Yacoub')

13 hours ago, Fisherman888 said:

Yeah he really doesn’t understand much how science works. It’s bull**** to him if he doesn’t agree with it based on his expert knowledge or “common sense”. Above he equated climate scientists with people who believe in the Mayan calendar. He’s not even close to being serious. 

Big words from a clown, Did you stay up all night to think of this one. People like you always try to convince other people that you are totally right. Well, it was scientist that said the Myan calander was right, People like you try to make everyone think your way.Well my closet clown scientist, your wrong. I think there is a lot of science that helps us, but there is a lot that is bullchit, sort of like you. Another mr know it all. 

Edited by hunter123
Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

18 hours ago, phishallways said:

people are practicing “science”.

Sort of like doctors...while they are 'practicing', for you and me it's real life :bucktooth: 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

18 hours ago, Fisherman888 said:

Of course, but it’s really biased when you don’t like the results. 

In real science, the results don't matter - do you suspect the results don't matter for the people being paid millions of dollars from the green energy billionaires to show the world how people are causing the climate change....and not the planet? 

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

The problem with science and scientific research is who gives them grants and funds  their research. Scoring a sponsor is what keeps many afloat and they don't bite the hand that feeds them. 

Conflict of interest at play, in the name of science or in the name of sponsor?

Same with politicians. Forgot which show it was from, but this guy's was selling figures with many labels on their clothing. When asked, he replied that these are our politicians, that he believed they should wear uniforms similar to formula 1 drivers revealing their sponsors. 

22 hours ago, TimS said:

They would be, at least some of them, off topic to this discussion. If you need more proof than how everything funded by green energy says green energy is going to save the world (from an arguably natural cyclical changing climate) - and everything funded by big oil say green energy is nonsense, unnecessary and in some cases more harmful than burning fossil fuels I'm afraid no amount of examples is going to help you understand my point :) When people talk about EV's saving the planet, they are full of ****. Few things are as bad for the environment as the gigantic, disposable batteries used in EVs. And windmills are one of the biggest farces every forced on tax payers. We can go on with the solar joke as well, but it would be redundant. Never mind the energy grid already being overwhelmed where they are legislating electric vehicles, like areas in California where you aren't allowed to own certain types of personal computers because they use to much electricity...and where they have rolling blackouts every time the temperature breaks 80. There aren't any good green energy options, they all cause their own type of devastation to the planet....some are much worse than burning fossil fuels, but it makes people feel like they are "helping" :bucktooth: 

Science tells us wind mills can save the world - and science tells us wind mills are useless and damaging to the environment - science tells us EV's will save the world...and science tells us they are, at best, a wash for burning fossil fuels - they both can't be true, right? Yet they are both "science"...both peer reviewed. How's that possible? "Actual science" is not as clear cut as it used to be....and that's tragic and sad. 

Nothing in what you said is based on facts.

It's what you think. Your opinion.

Has nothing to do with science.

I forgot to say it's just my opinion.

Edited by snapper1

On 2/10/2024 at 12:21 AM, Fisherman888 said:

Yes of course we’re causing climate change. It’s a simple math problem. More carbon means more warming. Which part of that don’t you understand?  Yes the earth was a snowball once. So what? You, with your smug skepticism, who knows nothing about science except that the earth is 4.5 billion years old, know more than climate scientists? You have the special knowledge that no one else has?  Grow up. Just because “the climate always changes” doesn’t mean we’re not causing it to change right now. That’s like saying your weight has always fluctuated so it doesn’t depend on what you shove in your mouth every day. It’s also like saying you’re going to die anyway so why not hasten it? And for the person above who said we have only been recording temperature for 170 years, that’s just so uninformed.  Scientists can tell climatic conditions from way back in the past with all kinds of methods. What is so hard to understand?  *  The weather man calling something the storm of the century has nothing to do with it. And rapid climate change will be very hard to deal with. It already is for many people all over the world. 

this is sarcasm right?  please tell me it's sarcasm.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.

1 hour ago, snapper1 said:

Nothing in what you said is based on facts.

It's what you think. Your opinion.

Has nothing to do with science.

I forgot to say it's just my opinion.

Sure…sure…except much of that post is supported by ‘actual science.’ EVs are basically a net wash with burning fossil fuels- that’s not opinion, it’s actual science…for years now they’ve proven EVs are AT LEAST as bad for the environment as burning fossil fuels. 

Do you know how the electricity you pump into your EV is generated? Spoiler alert - by burning fossil fuels…and then wastefully transmitting that energy to your house…and browning out your whole neighborhood. Your EV only runs because of the fossil fuels burned to power it. Then we can start to discuss how planet damaging the mining for those minerals used to make the disposable battery. And then we can talk about how much w edgy it takes to dispose of those batteries after the few years they are functional. 

It’s not my opinion that EVa are a net negative for the environment - its actu science. Wind power is even worse - there’s peer reviewed science that shows us wind power is worse for the environment than burning fossil fuels for the first couple hundred years….and windmills only last about 12-15 years - which makes them worse than burning fossil fuels. 

It’s science :read: