Your Baltimore Ravens 2024

Rate this topic

jimmy1956

The Ravens have 29 free agents this year. Be interesting to see who stay or goes. 

Zachary Orr promoted to Defensive Coordinator. Former DC Mike Mcdonald left to become HC in Seattle. He will be the highest paid first time HC ever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

The have agreed to a four year contract extension with DT Justin Madubuike who had been tagged. Outstanding move by both.

4 years for 98 million.

Edited by jimmy1956
Added

2 hours ago, jimmy1956 said:

Ravens sign RB Derrick Henry to a two year deal for 16M with incentives up to 20M with 9M guaranteed.

I know the young man personally.  You're getting a great player, of course, but equally, a really good guy and a good person.  Hopefully, he'll set a good example for some of the young people in the city.

I'm also personally relieved.  After the Eagles (my team) signed S. Barkley, I was worried Derrick would sign with the Boys.  He lives in the Dallas area in the off season and his wife's family is from Dallas.  Thank you God he is not playing for Dallas.:)

On 3/12/2024 at 5:33 PM, Knight771 said:

I know the young man personally.  You're getting a great player, of course, but equally, a really good guy and a good person.  Hopefully, he'll set a good example for some of the young people in the city.

I'm also personally relieved.  After the Eagles (my team) signed S. Barkley, I was worried Derrick would sign with the Boys.  He lives in the Dallas area in the off season and his wife's family is from Dallas.  Thank you God he is not playing for Dallas.:)

How did you meet? That's gotta be an interesting story.

26 mins ago, gman21788 said:

How did you meet? That's gotta be an interesting story.

Long story I'll try to make short.  Daughter and family moved to Derrick's home town.  My son in law played in H.S. and so coached football from pee wee to High School.  He coached Derrick.  Derrick was raised by his Grandmother.  When the colleges came calling, he didn't know what to do and so my son in law and daughter went with him too all the recruiting trips, met with all the head coaches, etc.  When my wife and I visited, we got to know him over time.  Once at dinner, I tried to talk him into going to Temple U. but he went for Alabama, go figure.  Very religious and serious guy.  Hope he stays that way.

• 1 month later...

OTAs start today. No contact. No offense versus defense. Let’s see how the drafted and undrafted rookies progress. How about the players working themselves back from injuries. LJ not expected to attend. No need.

The only goal…….please nobody gets an injury.

• 2 weeks later...