Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike_Z

Lami XS10MS on diet?

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Please tell me I'm not crazy! or if you think I am don't reply wink.gif

I got my first XS10MS from Tim and it always seemed odd that some people recommended the stick for light 1oz lures. It was a tip heavy thick pole.

To make the story shorter, I snapped it in November, and sent it back to Lamiglas. I bought Ara 1204 and love it since its perfect for 1-3 oz. I just got the MS from Lami with new tip and the stick is fantastic. It's softer and thinner than 1204!!! Now I can see how you can throw 1oz with it. Am I crazy or the XS10MS was different before or maybe I got the wrong tip? In any case I love it.

Hmmm--I guess it's possible that someone in the shop out in Woodland might have put the tip section from a 10MHS with a 10MS butt, back when they still made the 10MHS.

I don't own any Lami factory jobs, but I think the label that contains the model number and line/lure ratings is on the butt section.

[This message has been edited by Ditch Jigger (edited 01-22-2003).]

I have a Lamiglas XS 10 MS as well. I purchased it last mid October. While I was setting my drag, the rod tip broke between the 1st and 2nd guide after the tip. frown.gif I returned the rod to where I purchased it and they sent me a new rod no questions asked. I

haven't had a chance to cast with it yet.

The rod is rated for 2-4 oz lures, but it feels like it can launch a 1 oz Kastmaster. Its got a nice flex to it. I wish I found this web site sooner because I would have shelled out the extra $ for the Arra rod.

How did you snapped your XS 10 MS? Casting, or ?? Just curious, I wonder if we hit a bad batch....LOL. wink.gif What reel do you use on yours?

------------------

Ray 'md2020'