Reel Stand for the bigger Stella SW reels

Rate this topic

Busanga

Was talking to Gomexus as they do a nice foldable titanium reel stand for the smaller reels (to keep reel of rocks etc) and I suggested make one for the bigger Stellas / daiwas as quite a lot of people use the bigger reels from shore as well not just offshore.. and nobody seems to make them. 

Well they emailed me and said they have looked at it and should be ready in few months...

Now that is a company that listens to feedback

Looking forward to getting mine

37 mins ago, JParanee said:

I have one that i got from Eric on a Daiwa Morethan 

i have this one on a Zenaq Twitch boat rod but I would love to throw it on my Sonio for land based 

IMG_3714.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit IMG_3715.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit IMG_3713.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit IMG_3716.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

lol. I still have one that I used that’s not in rotation now.  So its avail. You took the nicer one of the 3 I have.  Another buddy took the second. That same buddy also texted me this morning that he snapped the sonio 93 he got off me. 

haters will always hate. trolls will always troll. its how the internet works.

6 mins ago, EricL said:

lol. I still have one that I used that’s not in rotation now.  So its avail. You took the nicer one of the 3 I have.  Another buddy took the second. That same buddy also texted me this morning that he snapped the sonio 93 he got off me. 

Thx buddy for that one I like it 

how did he break it ?

58 mins ago, JParanee said:

Thx buddy for that one I like it 

how did he break it ?

He had a jig slingshot back from a fish mouth. Hit the blank.  Then a while later on another fish, snap. Clean at 1/3 from tip.  I’m helping him get a new tip n

40 mins ago, recoil said:

These reel stands seem to be the solution to a non-existant problem!

Just my two cents.

I think people like them as a guard for the left side of the reel for rockshore fishing in case of drops 

stand is a bad description 

like i said Eric was kind enough to include it on the reel he sent me 

i have yet to use it in that application but I could see how it might save your reel on a fall 

46 mins ago, JParanee said:

I think people like them as a guard for the left side of the reel for rockshore fishing in case of drops 

stand is a bad description 

like i said Eric was kind enough to include it on the reel he sent me 

i have yet to use it in that application but I could see how it might save your reel on a fall 

It’s for saving reels from scratches.  If you lay it on the stand side you can crank the handle the rotor or bottom guard doesn’t rub the ground.  Very useful on a beach or rocks and concrete. 

some stands can also be used to balance the reel itself out while cranking, you can load the little tube with weights. 

1 hour ago, JParanee said:

It’s 5Kish in a SW reel 

Ah ok. Yes Gomexus amongst others makes stands for the smaller reels but nobody I can find makes for the 14k 18k etc

Edited by Busanga

Could you mount an offshore rod holder through a yeti or other sturdy roto molded storage box, drill two offset wholes in side to run a a srong cable bike lock, attach to unmovable object. It would suck watching a  $1200 plus rig get dragged into the ocean

3 hours ago, Skin said:

Or buy a handle cap, drill a hole, put a screw in it and a nut and washer on the outside, should be functional, if not attractive.

Yeah I looked at that, but I am such a bling tart that I just couldn't bring myself to do it... also looked at getting one machined... but as Gomexus going to do.. will wait