Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Klein

Happy Hour with the "ex-local"

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Rob (ex-local) and I finally hooked up for some happy hour burgers and beers this afternoon at Grevey's, a sports pub in the Virginia suburbs of DC. It's something we've been trying to do since the Fling, his office and several of my firm's jobsites being right in the same neighborhood. Had a great time and exchanged lotsa war stories, and I must say that Rob has taken on all the traits of a fine southern gentleman in his brief time below the Mason-Dixon. He had nothing but good things to say about his old Jersey shore fishing compadres.... well... other than JohnM, that is. Rob says he'll be up that way for the weekend of the 29th, probably fishing the Hook and would really enjoy catching up with his old pals, but kept saying things about John probably not wanting to get his skirt wet.

wink.gif.... or something like that

John,

Just because you are not catching them, doesn't mean the fish aren't around. Will e-mail you later today - putting out fires here as I write this - I don't want to me management - management sucks! I want a government job!!!

rob

I have nice things to say about both Rob and John but will refrain in order to preserve the continuity of this thread. wink.gif

TimS

John, that is almost a dead quote of what Rob said biggrin.gif

Dubs, sounds like attire for some of the bridge adventures Rob was telling me about; said you guys liked ta kill him once or twice with the conditions you stayed out in and fished thru biggrin.gif

We call Rob the "Windbringer" biggrin.gif, everytime we fish with rob the wind is doing at least 30 knots out of some kind of easterly direction. smile.gif

The bridge expedition, now that wasn't that bad, 50 to 60 knot winds right in your face, stinging rain,"in the voice of Forest Gump" and a mighty cold nip in the air, Rob looked like he was ready to hike Everest, all you could see were his eyes on occasion. biggrin.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

I dunno Bill. You say;

Had a great time and exchanged lotsa war stories, and I must say that Rob has taken on all the traits of a fine southern gentleman in his brief time below the Mason-Dixon.

The "southern gentleman" has had a standing invite to come and fish our digs since moving to BMW-land. Now I realize he is what you might call "licked by the kitty cat" and his oppurtunities are few. But every time he does manage to get off his bike and go fishing he heads for Jersey. Why pass up a chance to experience our fabulous fishing for 10" hardheads to go fish for snappers? Must be the company he chooses to keep.

He's got a ways to go.

smile.gifbiggrin.gifwink.giftongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Plug (edited 07-21-2000).]

Plug, Ive got him pretty solidly locked into a September trip to God's country. I do believe he's serious this time. The NJ fishing coming up is just a sidebar to having to be in the area for his beloved's father's retirement party.

Where is that son-of-a-gun, anyway. He ought to be dealing with some of this hisownself biggrin.gif

Hey Typo,

You give me 5 to 2 odds, and I'm in for a c-note! eek.gif As far as the weather conditions, I'm only invited out with Tim and Charlie when no one else will, so I take what I can get - hurricane fishing outings. frown.gif

Plug, it has nothing to do with you guys, you and Bill and Poppy and Dave.... well you and Bill and Poppy are a much friendlier, better mannered group than the Jersey Crew, but I takes what I can gets and if that means fishing the Hook while Beth spends a few hours with her mother and grandmother over brunch, I takes it! But I will have a 3-day pass for September, so get ready and have lots of coffee(pronounced cauffee).

And Tim, John's right. If I said something nice to him, he'd think he was going to die or something or his already swelled head would reach Hindenberg proportions. Can't have either now, can we.

rob