Delmarva Fishin' Reports - Winter 2024

Rate this topic

4 mins ago, 197esmer said:

I have said it before but I would love to see a slot established were a fish over 25” would have to be released. The use of circle hooks for bait fishing would also help for release.

Circle hooks are all I use for bait fishing. Only time I use other hooks is for blues sometimes because of the long shank.

Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

Anyone with a boat, there were a lot of birds working the north side OCMD Inlet just outside the jetty this morning. Dunno what was under them, but there were a lot of birds out there. Nothing caught today, it was too damn windy and the water was filthy.

"The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before,
the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat."
Jacques Cousteau

19 hours ago, ReeferRob said:

Anyone with a boat, there were a lot of birds working the north side OCMD Inlet just outside the jetty this morning. Dunno what was under them, but there were a lot of birds out there. Nothing caught today, it was too damn windy and the water was filthy.

Shad coming in.  Maybe.  

58 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Shad coming in.  Maybe.  

Possible, I didn't think of that. There were a metric shittonne of birds out there, over 100.

Jacques Cousteau

52 mins ago, hunter123 said:

Old inlet said water temps are above 45 degrees.

Yep, the fish finder said 46-47 degrees. I can tell you this, I damn well wouldn't wanna go in it, lol. Been there, done that once.

Jacques Cousteau

Heard about the first flounder being caught yesterday so I decided to give it a shot for a few hours in my neck of the woods today. No luck but that's what I expected targeting them this early. Water temps at the tail end of the incoming were mid to upper 40s on the main bay, lower 50s up in some shallower water areas. New flounder combo feels great, can't wait to hook up and put it to use.

2 hours ago, Stryper Snyper said:

VA? Quinby? 

Sorry forgot you are farther up.   What's the water temp there?

Up top off Chincoteague.  Some spots the water is between 50 and 53.  Few more caught yesterday and today.

Boat was suppose to get painted today.  Easter weekend is looking pretty promising.  But I'd be willing to bet we will have gale force winds from Friday morning till Sunday afternoon :laugh: