Hard coral I snagged on and hauled up.

Another shot from last weekend.

Unknown(7).jpg

"The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before,
the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat."
Jacques Cousteau

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

NASA/Wallops beachhead.. nice beach but no structure. My second time visiting. Lots of oyster shells on the beach but a non producer today. Free beach to employees and basically never occupied but for those who have been curious, the grass isn't greener over here. I'll stick to Chincoteague.

20240420_114639.jpg

Edited by 7nBait

On 4/20/2024 at 11:56 PM, 7nBait said:

Free beach to employees and basically never occupied but for those who have been curious, the grass isn't greener over here. I'll stick to Chincoteague.

Ditch the car and chairs, go south.

On 4/20/2024 at 11:56 PM, 7nBait said:

NASA/Wallops beachhead.. nice beach but no structure. My second time visiting. Lots of oyster shells on the beach but a non producer today. Free beach to employees and basically never occupied but for those who have been curious, the grass isn't greener over here. I'll stick to Chincoteague.

20240420_114639.jpg

The beach looks pretty flat, all that replenishing seems like a waste of money. Do you work at Wallops or GSFC?

13 hours ago, MDsurffishing said:

The beach looks pretty flat, all that replenishing seems like a waste of money. Do you work at Wallops or GSFC?

I work at GSFC. I don't know if they do beach replenishing on that beach. 

By google maps there looks like some nice stretches of beach south of the launch pad but no vehicles allowed passed that point.

North of where I was, is a nice corner spot with some good white water. Unfortunately its access is limited by the tide.

6 hours ago, 7nBait said:

I work at GSFC. I don't know if they do beach replenishing on that beach. 

By google maps there looks like some nice stretches of beach south of the launch pad but no vehicles allowed passed that point.

North of where I was, is a nice corner spot with some good white water. Unfortunately its access is limited by the tide.

I'm at GSFC also.

They did the replenish the 2 years ago and opened it back up last year. the hours they allow you to go on kinda sucks

• 2 weeks later...

CJ, yes it is, a 7 too.  Fred barnes aka critter said he came up with that design but im not sure if he did or not lol.  Can’t remember if i got them from him, or you.

was hoping to see ya!

Edited by luckyOC