Jump to content

FISH REPORT 2024 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of P town, "sand eel city"

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

18 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Mostly we ... don't.

Well, that's not a viable solution.

 

We're not allowed to openly pin point fishing locations here in SOL, otherwise the "spot burn" violation flag gets thrown.

This guy is blatantly crushing places we fish with paying customers and we have to take a vow of silence.:niffty:

The Sultan of Sluggo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 mins ago, bob_G said:

Well, that's not a viable solution.

 

We're not allowed to openly pin point fishing locations here in SOL, otherwise the "spot burn" violation flag gets thrown.

This guy is blatantly crushing places we fish with paying customers and we have to take a vow of silence.:niffty:

Is it ok if we just refer to him as “The Spot Burner”?

We can then say things like The Spot Burner is responsible for killing more stripers than all of us combined?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 mins ago, bassmaster said:

Welp time to go dark for another 10 years.

 

I'm afraid the cat's already out of the bag buddy. It wouldn't surprise me if someone already tagged your car with a GSP tag.

 

But I smell a business opportunity buddy.  All these new sports are potential customers for the world famous Bassmaster plugs.:idea:

The Sultan of Sluggo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Humble Head Tyrant, as far as I can tell, wants it this way. My brief is limited to photo censorship and grumbling at posters who want to sneak advertising into the wrong Forums.

 

It would, I think, be allowable here for an unhappy poster to call the attention of officialdom to his thinly disguised guiding business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If all this is in fact true, this it totally unacceptable.

 

I vividly recall a couple times in the early 70s when I was coming up through the ranks on the canal.  I practically had my head served up on a platter for simply bringing a buddy along to a secret canal hot area.  Some of those hardliners wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the season. I was ostracized.  Just to put things in perspective, back then, 5 guys was considered "crowded".

The Sultan of Sluggo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, z-man said:

Let’s change topics for a minute. What ever happened with the meeting with the rangers about over sand driving? I see that there isn’t much beach open already. 

Well it's actually right on time. Meeting with the rangers is for the most part a waste of time. They are mandated by federal laws to start[as you know].Then, the superintendent implements the law. 40+ years of this foolishness.Nauset is closed on the southside.The northside access[residents only] is closed due to the steep dropoff at the end of Calnans pass for the second year in a row.Sandy Neck is down to .8 miles and due to reduce in a couple of days.West Dennis public beach is completely closed for the last week+.Only the little resident beach is open[$30 a day for the public beach:laugh:].Don't know what's happening west of Hyannis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

If all this is in fact true, this it totally unacceptable.

 

I vividly recall a couple times in the early 70s when I was coming up through the ranks on the canal.  I practically had my head served up on a platter for simply bringing a buddy along to a secret canal hot area.  Some of those hardliners wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the season. I was ostracized.  Just to put things in perspective, back then, 5 guys was considered "crowded".

Yup......Open your trap! "You're out of the loop"! it was the same on the back beaches. Don't go into a tackle shop after10a.m. either 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bob_G said:

If all this is in fact true, this it totally unacceptable.

 

I vividly recall a couple times in the early 70s when I was coming up through the ranks on the canal.  I practically had my head served up on a platter for simply bringing a buddy along to a secret canal hot area.  Some of those hardliners wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the season. I was ostracized.  Just to put things in perspective, back then, 5 guys was considered "crowded".

In order to stay on top of exactly where the bite is happening, this hypothetical individual must have a network of people feeding him information. They apparently are not put off by the influx of googans, which is quite unfortunate. This makes me quite sad, I'm fairly certain that the bite that is currently being blown up is the same one I found last year and there were not very many people on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, theshadow said:

Well it's actually right on time. Meeting with the rangers is for the most part a waste of time. They are mandated by federal laws to start[as you know].Then, the superintendent implements the law. 40+ years of this foolishness.Nauset is closed on the southside.The northside access[residents only] is closed due to the steep dropoff at the end of Calnans pass for the second year in a row.Sandy Neck is down to .8 miles and due to reduce in a couple of days.West Dennis public beach is completely closed for the last week+.Only the little resident beach is open[$30 a day for the public beach:laugh:].Don't know what's happening west of Hyannis.

I haven’t bought a pass yet this year. I may not at this point. I used to spend a lot of time on the beach when my kids were little. Now that they are teens it’s just a thing of the past. They probably won’t even remember it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...