FISH REPORT 2024 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of P town, "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

19 mins ago, codfish said:

Fresh water fishing report card so far

So on my very first cast of 2024 I caught a LMB

I have fished 4 times since then and not one bite:eek:

On a more positive note, when do you expect to pull out the first schoolie in your neck of the woods? Late april?

Pfantum Pfishah

34 mins ago, mcnar said:

Couldn’t make it happen. 11 months straight of striped bass starting last April, but couldn’t get one in March to make it a full year. Oh well, next year..

Man o man you do put your time in. Good luck 

20 hours ago, mcnar said:

Couldn’t make it happen. 11 months straight of striped bass starting last April, but couldn’t get one in March to make it a full year. Oh well, next year..

If memory serves, February was usually the toughest month for me. Can't remember if I ever caught one that month...

Pfantum Pfishah

4 hours ago, bdowning said:

If memory serves, February was usually the toughest month for me. Can't remember if I ever caught one that month...

3 hours ago, Running Ape said:

I broke my streak of nearly four years of a fly caught fish each month (not just stripers but any species) in February. Tough weather.

I was out of the country for almost all of February so I had my buddy take me to “his” holdover spot on the cape to try and get it done before I left, and we killed it, 9 fish total I think. I slacked in March though, and wanted to close it out on my own in my own spots but it didn’t happen this time. Also, water temps basically didn’t go up at all throughout the month which made things hard.

On 4/1/2024 at 6:25 AM, codfish said:

Fresh water fishing report card so far

So on my very first cast of 2024 I caught a LMB

I have fished 4 times since then and not one bite:eek:

You got the 1st cast curse, you are allowed a max of 5 outings, if skunked it will run hard for the season, there is a way to break the yearly skunk of 1st cast curse

You give a nice plug to some one

Then you have to fish through the week for 7 days if you catch one fish in 7 days, you then will start to catch more fish

Also take to adprin do 3 circles to your left and the fish will happen alot more.

Hope this helps

Edited by bassmaster

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

12 hours ago, bassmaster said:

You got the 1st cast curse, you are allowed a max of 5 outings, if skunked it will run hard for the season, there is a way to break the yearly skunk of 1st cast curse

You give a nice plug to some one

Then you have to fish through the week for 7 days if you catch one fish in 7 days, you then will start to catch more fish

Also take to adprin do 3 circles to your left and the fish will happen alot more.

Hope this helps

:eek: