2024 ALL THINGS FLY FISHING - (BFD annual)

Rate this topic

HillTop

Figured Dick starting his posts and it's still a great Post option for "anything and anyone" to join in and enjoy regarding any fly fishing related information, especially if you don't need to add a specific post fly fishing item of your own.    Alway looked forward to check in a daily post.   Still think about seeing Dick walking around the Cape's beach or sometimes at the Bear's Den when he worked there part time.    Never spoke much to Dick but always enjoyed  Dick's SOL posts.

Merry Christmas to All and to All A Good Night.  May 2024 be healthy to all.

BonefishDick.jpg.1f2ee0cb61db64af01b24e2f438db542.jpg

BonefishDick2.jpg.0e98a236699619e9caf086965207736b.jpg

Betsy Fly

BonefishDick1.jpg.211b7a28739548eeef2dbd857eb5e2e0.jpg

Edited by HillTop

Currently have aphasia.    Aphasia is a result of my head stroke causing a bleed.   Happened in my Maine vacation in July (2021).   Lucky me less than 1% of people get stroke aphasia.  :(      I'm making project but have been told this is easily 5 months to 1 year for this to improve.   Until then hope you don't mind making sense with what I text.   HT

To all those who still remember BFD and his posts here on SOL

May the New Year be faced with joy and a full heart.

May we remember those whom have gone before us.

May we tell their stories to keep them alive in our hearts.

But, most of all, may we face 2024 with courage.

Stay safe and well.

FR44

IMG_2023-10-16_17-59-24.jpeg

I always post this photo of Dick every year when this thread gets started. Cold late November day and a half dozen of us are fishing, one by one we all quit, no fish to be found. Not Dick though, if there was one last fish migrating down the coast, he was determined to catch it. R.I.P Dick you were one of a kind.  

PB250643.JPG

12 mins ago, tk118 said:

I always post this photo of Dick every year when this thread gets started. Cold late November day and a half dozen of us are fishing, one by one we all quit, no fish to be found. Not Dick though, if there was one last fish migrating down the coast, he was determined to catch it. R.I.P Dick you were one of a kind.  

PB250643.JPG

I always wondered how he stayed warm !

Currently have aphasia.    Aphasia is a result of my head stroke causing a bleed.   Happened in my Maine vacation in July (2021).   Lucky me less than 1% of people get stroke aphasia.  :(      I'm making project but have been told this is easily 5 months to 1 year for this to improve.   Until then hope you don't mind making sense with what I text.   HT

He taught me how to fish the cape ponds for trout. One thing you always new if you meeting up with him for a day of fishing it was going to be a full day! Once we met Long Pond Plymouth in March. It was snowing and the wind was howling. We we're right in front of the cottages next to the boat ramp. There were waves hitting our knees. Had to keep washing the rod in the water to keep the eyes from freezing up. We did 8 hours, I had one of my best days close to 40 rainbows. He must of doubled me easy. We were using his fluorescent green head black wooly bugger. He was quite a guy. I miss him.

Never met him but hung on his words here. It’s special when the soul of someone is ever present in their words. We all have our regional fishermen who fit a different mold. He seemed like that guy to me. Happy New Year and tight lines to all in 24.