For those mourning the demise of the JB tourney: Mid Atlantic Kayak Open- S Jersey, June 8-9

Spotted this and thought some here would be interested. Surprising they didn't post it themselves. 

THE MID ATLANTIC KAYAK OPEN
2 Days. 9 Species. Over 50 Anglers
Save the Date! Saturday, June 8th (Lines in a 5 AM) - Sunday, June 9th 2024 (Lines out at 5 PM) (Captains meeting Friday June 7th) will be New Jerseys biggest kayak fishing tournament. With a purse of over $4000 (based on 50 anglers) and even more money up for grabs in Calcuttas, this will be New Jerseys biggest kayak tournament ever. 

There will be an after party and prize ceremony at Great Bay Outfitters at 7 PM 

This will be a length based tournament with the option for keeping your catch, or practicing catch and release, this is a great tournament for everyone!

Great Bay Outfitters is located at 955 Radio Rd, Little Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08087 

https://tupperwarenavy.org/mid-atlantic-kayak-open

Thanks for the post, was actually just coming here to post it! After fishing another tournament (that was well run, I just didn't alike how their scoring system was set up) I wanted to make a better one. With all the usual species, and a few that may stay vacant (but I didn't want someone to catch one and not be able to get points for it) You can win catching any species (or most likely combination of) and all of the money will go to the winners (with up to 15% being deducted for the cost of running the tournament, but it should be less then that especially if we can get some sponsors in key areas)

We'll be posting more info in the upcoming months, but stay tuned! Also, don't forget to check out our swap meet at the end of march!

Scott

Tupperwarenavy.org

MAKO-5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, gellfex said:

Did you check the webpage? What more are you looking for?

I messaged them months ago about my club attending and got no reply. I’m not signing up a bunch of people at $100 a pop when I get no response from them and no one on here seems to know anything.

Just now, atv223 said:

I messaged them months ago about my club attending and got no reply. I’m not signing up a bunch of people at $100 a pop when I get no response from them and no one on here seems to know anything.

Fair nuff. That's not a good sign. Did you text that number or use the message fields on the page? I HATE sites that do that instead of just providing a damn normal email address! It gives you no record of messaging them. Hey @wefish138 what's up with this stuff? Surprising he's not subscribed to this thread after posting. 

1 hour ago, atv223 said:

Hey ATV, 

Shoot me an email at tupperwarenavy@gmail.com or a text or a call at (808)469-5895

1 hour ago, gellfex said:

Fair nuff. That's not a good sign. Did you text that number or use the message fields on the page? I HATE sites that do that instead of just providing a damn normal email address! It gives you no record of messaging them. Hey @wefish138 what's up with this stuff? Surprising he's not subscribed to this thread after posting. 

My email only works on this site when someone at’s me. I have no idea how to fix it. 

Also, a slight update: we bumped the cost to $106.50 with the $6.50 covering the cost of CC processing and around $1 left over for other misc fees. 

Grumpys Tackle is donating a custom rod which will be a Calcutta of some kind. We’re working on some other donations as well. 

30 mins ago, wefish138 said:

My email only works on this site when someone at’s me. I have no idea how to fix it. 

@wefish138 you won't get update notifications to a thread unless you subscribed to it, the post is quoting a post of yours, or you started it. You have not subscribed to this one.